Fiat expects surge in sales in the festive seasonAugust 28th, 2009 - 9:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 28 (IANS) Fiat India Automobiles, a 50:50 joint venture between India’s Tata Motors and Italy’s Fiat, Friday said it expects to sell about 3,500-4,000 vehicles in the upcoming festive season.
The company is targeting single-digit growth this year and expects to break even in 2011.
“We expect a cash breakeven in 2011 by which time we will be selling 80,000 Fiat-branded cars,” Rajeev Kapoor, president and chief executive officer of Fiat India, told reporters on the sidelines of an industry conference.
Fiat India’s models are Linea, Grand Punto, Palio and Fiat 500.
Kapoor said the company would also start exporting Linea to South Africa from next month.
Fiat had earlier announced an investment of Rs.4,000 crore for India operations.
- Fiat's new schemes to promote diesel cars - Jul 04, 2011
- Fiat offers festival discounts on Linea and Punto - Sep 21, 2011
- Fiat to expand presence in Indian market - May 09, 2012
- Fiat launches new versions of Linea and Punto - Jan 04, 2012
- Fiat launches Grande Punto's diesel variant - Jul 16, 2010
- Fiat to open 80 standalone dealerships by year-end - Sep 19, 2012
- Fiat planning hybrid, India-specific small cars - Jan 06, 2010
- Fiat India to focus on overseas markets - Aug 12, 2009
- Fiat to open stand-alone showrooms in 20 cities - Sep 06, 2011
- Fiat launches new model, plans doubling sales by 2010 - Jan 22, 2009
- Fiat to introduce new models in small car segment soon - Jan 06, 2010
- Mega-launches, big-ticket announcements at Delhi Auto Expo - Jan 03, 2012
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- Fiat India launches luxury sedan in India - Jan 16, 2009
- Fiat to manage distribution of Indian subsidiary - May 02, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,