Federal-Mogul to set up plant near ChennaiAugust 7th, 2008 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 7 (IANS) The US-based Federal-Mogul Corp announced Thursday that it will set up a new facility near Chennai for manufacturing friction components for original equipment and after-market segments. The plant is scheduled to begin production of light vehicle brake and friction components, commercial vehicle and railway friction products by September 2009.
Federal-Mogul’s Ferodo brand friction products have been manufactured in India since 1995, although the new friction facility will be the first in the Chennai region.
The company will cross swords with two other Deming award-winning brake-lining manufacturers in Chennai - Rane Brake Lining and Sundaram Brakelinings.
Federal-Mogul’s wholly-owned subsidiary in India recently signed a memorandum of understanding with New Chennai Township Pvt Ltd to buy 10 acres on which it will build the 6,000-square meter facility. The plant will be built in three phases and is expected to create nearly 500 jobs.
“Products manufactured at the new facility will be for both local vehicle manufacturers and for exports,” said Federal-Mogul president and CEO Jose Maria Alapont.
- Federal-Mogul to build new manufacturing facility in India - Aug 07, 2008
- South India now prime hub for auto components, say experts - Feb 08, 2011
- Bosch to invest Rs.2,200 crore to ramp up production - Jan 04, 2012
- Rane Brake Lining to expand capacity - Jul 21, 2010
- Tamil Nadu to have auto-sector specific policy soon - Nov 19, 2010
- Rane group enters defence, aerospace sector - Sep 29, 2011
- Amway India grew 19 percent in 2011 - Mar 02, 2012
- Wabco India plans Rs.60 crore expansion - Sep 21, 2011
- Nissan unveils multi-purpose vehicle Evalia - Jan 05, 2012
- Rane TRW Steering launches power steering fluid - Feb 23, 2011
- Auto Serve Exhibition 2010 starts in Chennai - Nov 20, 2010
- Steel Strips Wheels to expand capacity - Sep 13, 2010
- Chennai will be world's largest auto-manufacturing hub: Stalin - Feb 10, 2011
- Maruti's Rs.4,000 crore plant to come up in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2012
- Carborundum Universal turns acquisitive in South Africa - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: ceo, chennai, deming award, federal mogul, federal mogul corp, ferodo, friction components, friction products, jose maria alapont, market segments, memorandum of understanding, meter facility, original equipment, pvt ltd, railway, rane brake, square meter, sundaram, swords, vehicle manufacturers