February 2010 Children’s Toys Recalls Make HeadlinesMarch 1st, 2010 - 7:08 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Washington, Mar 1, (THAINDIAN NEWS) February was a month of toys recall in various parts of the USA. Companies like Playmates Toys voluntarily recalled a huge number of kid’s toys for various reasons. This news was confirmed by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission itself. Incidentally, Playmates Toys decided to recall the ranges of toy jewelry sets as those sets contained lead levels that could prove to be hazardous for the children. The Tiny Tink and Friends jewelry sets have a cylindrical metal connector that reportedly contains lead levels that cross the permissible limit. However, the toys with plastic tabs are safe to use and hence they have not been recalled.
As per the latest reports, the jewelry sets were made in China and they were sold in the USA from 2008 to 2009. They were priced below $10 which ensured they got a lot of buyers in the USA. Now, the consumers of there products are being advised to dispose the toys. Those who want a replacement can get in touch with Playmates. In a similar move, a number of children’s greeting cards made by Papyrus have been recalled.
These cards contain wooden bracelets that have been painted with colors containing high amount of lead and hence do not meet federal compliance rules. In both the recall cases, no person has been injured so far.
The incidents of recalls witnessed in the last month makes people wonder whether the companies adhere to the consumer safety rules in general while manufacturing the products. Usage of toxic materials in baby products should be considered a grave offense, according to some users.
- Federal Regulators Recall 19,000 China Made Kids' Jewelry - May 11, 2010
- Rudolph Themed Charmed Bracelets Recalled - Mar 12, 2010
- Likelihood Of The Recall Of More Kids' Jewelry Exists - May 11, 2010
- New Brand of Kid's Jewelry Recalled by Feds; More To Come - May 11, 2010
- Children's Product Recalls In March 2010 Soars - Mar 30, 2010
- Wal-Mart withdraws toxic 'Miley Cyrus jewelry' - May 20, 2010
- Tips To Buy The Safest Baby Toys In 2010 - Dec 05, 2010
- WARNING: Walmart Issues Recall on GE Coffee Maker! - May 21, 2010
- Kids In Danger' Releases March 2010 Children's Product Recalls - Mar 30, 2010
- CPSC to recall 1.2 million toys distributed with Chuck E. Cheese - Sep 16, 2010
- Toy Dart Gun Recalled By Family Dollar Stores - May 18, 2010
- Fisher Price recalls unsafe toys - Oct 01, 2010
- Children's Toy Recalls in February 2010 Were Numerous - Mar 01, 2010
- 300,000 teddy bears recalled in US - Dec 29, 2011
- Baby Bracelets Recalled Due To Toxic Lead Level - Feb 18, 2010
Tags: baby products, bracelets, colors, compliance rules, consumer product safety, consumer product safety commission, consumer safety, consumers, federal compliance, grave offense, greeting cards, papyrus, plastic tabs, playmates toys, product safety commission, safety rules, tink, toxic materials, toy jewelry sets, usa companies