Faridabad to come on Delhi Metro lineMarch 25th, 2012 - 6:48 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, March 25 (IANS) Faridabad town in Haryana, adjoining the national capital, will be on the Delhi Metro network soon, with the state government and Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) slated to sign an agreement for this purpose Monday, an official said here Sunday.
The Metro line to Faridabad will connect Delhi Metro’s Line 6 (Central Secretariat-Badarpur) to YMCA Chowk in the town.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda will be present at the agreement signing ceremony in Faridabad Monday. DMRC chairman Sudhir Krishna will also be present, Faridabad Deputy Commissioner Rakesh Gupta said.
Gupta said the project would cost Rs.2,494 crore. This 13.87-km Metro Rail project would have nine metro railway stations between Badarpur and YMCA Chowk in Faridabad.
Faridabad is a bustling industrial and residential town in Haryana, 280 km from Chandigarh.
- DMRC signs MoU with Haryana for Badarpur-Faridabad link - Mar 26, 2012
- Haryana approves Rs 15.88 bn metro link to Faridabad - Aug 09, 2010
- Sreedharan inspects proposed Faridabad Metro corridor - Apr 29, 2011
- Construction work on Badarpur-Faridabad Metro link begins - Mar 28, 2012
- Secretariat-Kashmere Gate Metro line expected by 2015 - May 25, 2012
- Budget 2012-13: Delhi Metro gets over Rs.2,200 crore - Mar 16, 2012
- Delhi Metro chief inspects ongoing work - Feb 10, 2012
- Haryana to set up own metro corporation - Jun 22, 2010
- Delhi Metro's Sarita Vihar-Badarpur line opens - Jan 14, 2011
- 22 get bail in 2009 Delhi Metro pillar collapse case - Jul 23, 2012
- 25 trains to ply on Metro's Central Secretariat-Badarpur route - May 27, 2010
- Delhi Metro kickstarts efforts to decongest Rajiv Chowk - Jan 31, 2012
- Committee to facilitate Delhi Metro extension to Faridabad - Nov 11, 2009
- DMRC has to disclose pillar design: Court - Aug 01, 2011
- Six-coach trial run on Delhi-Gurgaon Metro line - Feb 06, 2011
Tags: central secretariat, chief minister, chowk, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, deputy commissioner, dmrc, haryana, hooda, line 6, metro line, metro network, metro rail project, metro railway, railway stations, rakesh gupta, residential town, s line, signing ceremony, sudhir