Fake cold drink factory busted, six heldJuly 2nd, 2010 - 6:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 2 (IANS) Six people were arrested Friday after police busted a fake cold drink factory here seizing about 1,000 spurious bottles of well-known brands, police said.
The factory producing the drinks under the brand names of Pepsi, Coke, Sprite and Thumbs Up was raided in north Delhi.
A police officer said the products were supplied to local markets, almost daily. About 1,000 bottles were seized.
The man who ran the factory, Rakesh Tomar, was absconding, police said.
- Spurious drugs racket busted in Haryana - Jul 15, 2011
- Spurious medicines racket busted, three arrested (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011
- 30,000 bottles of fake vodka seized in Russia - Jun 27, 2012
- Spurious Scotch lands six in Goa jail - Oct 04, 2011
- Fake sauce factory busted in Maharashtra - Nov 18, 2011
- Fake job racket, headed by Delhi Police constable, busted - Apr 30, 2012
- Illegal arms factory raided in Kolkata - Mar 31, 2012
- Fake currency seized in Rajasthan - Jun 16, 2012
- Spot the difference! Spurious products flood Agra - May 21, 2009
- Illegal liquor factory busted in Madhya Pradesh - Oct 20, 2011
- 1,900 held in China fake drug racket - Aug 05, 2012
- Illicit liquor manufacturing unit unearthed, six held - Feb 05, 2011
- It happens only in Pak: Cops call bootlegger to switch premium scotch into local hooch! - Sep 27, 2010
- Two men held with fake auto products - Jan 14, 2012
- 3,500 Kg fake 'ghee' seized in Jaipur - Jul 30, 2010