Faced with criticism, Chandy goes slow on ‘Emerging Kerala’ websiteSeptember 5th, 2012 - 8:42 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Sep 5 (IANS) Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy Wednesday decided to go slow on updating the ‘Emerging Kerala’ website after his attempts at transparency turned counter-productive as many cried foul on the project proposals that were posted on the site.
“We decided to put all projects which were submitted on the website and now all hell has broken out under the impression that all these projects have been cleared. Our aim was to make it as transparent as possible and we put it up. But now, we have decided that only those projects and proposals that are cleared will be put on the website,” said Chandy to reporters here.
The three day ‘Emerging Kerala’ investors meet is to be inaugurated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in Kochi Sep 12.
Numerous project proposals prepared by the various departments in 20 sectors were put up and thanks to the media and political parties, a campaign began that most of the projects were one which required huge areas of land and that the government was pulling a fast one.
“We have also decided to set up a committee of experts to vet each and every proposal and only those proposals which get cleared will now be put up on the website,” said Chandy.
- Chandy, Achuthanandan wrangle over investors meet - Sep 06, 2012
- Chandy assures transparency in all projects - Sep 12, 2012
- 'Emerging Kerala' runs into protesting Kerala - Sep 12, 2012
- Kerala to host agro meet in 2013 - Sep 18, 2012
- Chandy expects Left's cooperation at 'Emerging Kerala' meet - Sep 10, 2012
- Kerala showcases opportunities to potential investors (Second Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Kerala to hold road shows in 23 nations to lure investment - Mar 09, 2012
- God's own country to get own airline - Sep 08, 2012
- Governor unwell, Chandy takes R-Day parade salute - Jan 26, 2012
- Kerala on a major makeover to woo investors - Sep 20, 2011
- Chandy invites India Inc to invest in Kerala - May 14, 2012
- Kerala promises single window clearance to lure investors - Apr 21, 2012
- Green signal for Kerala high speed rail project - Feb 14, 2012
- All mega projects are on course: Chandy - May 31, 2012
- M.A. Yusuf Ali resigns from Air India board - Jul 21, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,