Facebook to announce 25 recipients from fbFUndOctober 16th, 2008 - 4:01 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Facebook announced 25 recipients from its $10 million fbFund after six months , the fund was announced by Facebook a year ago ,with the money from the company, Accel Partners, and the Founders Fund, but its disbursement has been delayed since then. At the time , Facebook found more than 600 applicants vying for those 25 slots.
The 25 recipients each get $25K grants, with no-strings attached, to “help build businesses on Facebook.com or around the Web with Facebook Connect,” the company said. These recipients are eligible for an additional of $225K each in a grant fund,each will bring up to be a grand total to a quarter of a million dollars in funding for each of those lucky five apps. and they will be awarded only to selected five winners by Facebook users and the fbFund advisory council in December. Most of the applications, applets and widget is slowing down a bit.
The winners descriptions of the 25 winning apps will be found on the Facebook Developer blog which will represent a good cross-section of the Facebook population. For now ,there are also apps being focused on religion, app development, sports, games, and apps focused on college life.
- Facebook to launch own app store - May 10, 2012
- Accel Partners invests in digital content firm Trivone - Dec 20, 2011
- Web content case: No relief to Facebook India (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Court reserves order on Facebook India's plea - May 14, 2012
- Apex court cautions chief ministers on discretionary powers - Aug 27, 2011
- Court dismisses Facebook India plea - May 30, 2012
- Facebook set to raise $16 bn with largest tech IPO - May 18, 2012
- Chinese downloads 25 billionth app - Mar 06, 2012
- Apple removes spam message app from App Store - Jul 06, 2012
- Free applications drain smartphones of energy - Apr 05, 2012
- 20pc of Facebook users exposed to malware - Nov 25, 2010
- New mobile app developed to monitor data theft - Jul 06, 2012
- New Facebook app pings you when your unavailable friends split up! - Feb 22, 2011
- Facebook plans to go public to raise $87bn - May 04, 2012
- Content screening: Facebook, others to reply in 15 days (Second Lead) - Feb 06, 2012