Facebook shifts to new headquarters in CaliforniaDecember 20th, 2011 - 10:31 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Dec 20 (IANS) Facebook has announced that its final wave of employees have moved into its new headquarters in the one million-square foot Menlo Park city of California.
The world’s largest social network is now officially headquartered at 1601 Willow Road in Menlo Park, Xinhua reported.
The new campus consists of 10 eco-friendly buildings with no private offices and cubicles. Over 2,000 local employees moved to the campus from its previous location in Palo Alto, California, US.
“This morning, the final wave of employees walked through the doors of the new Facebook Menlo Park campus,” said the company Monday in its official blog.
According to Facebook, the whole campus, featuring hallways with chalkboard paint, is connected through a central courtyard which will have cafes, coffee shops, on-site doctors, and gym after the construction is completed.
The company said the current East campus could hold up to 9,400 staffers one day along with the West Campus that is still under construction.
Facebook noted that it is relentlessly focused on minimising its impact on environment.
It said it has reused as much of the existing structure as possible, noting all the doors on the campus are recycled from those used by predecessors.
- Obama to hold online 2012 re-election rally on Facebook today - Apr 20, 2011
- Location-sharing startup joins Facebook - Dec 06, 2011
- New video shows Apple CEO suffering from pain - Feb 22, 2011
- Obama pokes fun at Facebook founder - Apr 21, 2011
- Facebook CEO upgrades relationship status - Married (Lead) - May 20, 2012
- Facebook introduces location-based service - Aug 19, 2010
- Obama to discuss economy with Americans via Facebook - Apr 06, 2011
- Mark Zuckerberg buys a new mansion - May 06, 2011
- Plane crashes in East Palo Alto, 3 dead - Feb 18, 2010
- Facebook CEO marries longtime girlfriend - May 20, 2012
- Kanye West performs for Facebook employees & joins Twitter - Jul 29, 2010
- Facebook acquires Instagram for $1 billion - Apr 10, 2012
- Billionaire Facebook founder likes worn jeans, cheap T-shirts - Sep 24, 2010
- HP may buy software company for $10 bn: Report - Aug 19, 2011
- 2 killed in Cupertino shooting - Oct 06, 2011
Tags: cafes, central courtyard, coffee shops, cubicles, doctors, doors, eco, facebook, hallways, menlo, menlo park, menlo park campus, one million, palo alto california, predecessors, private offices, square foot, staffers, willow road, xinhua