Facebook sets IPO price at $38May 18th, 2012 - 5:42 am ICT by IANS
New York, May 18 (IANS) Facebook Thursday set the price for its initial public offering (IPO) at $38 per share.
The price came one day before Facebook begins to trade on the Nasdaq stock exchange Friday under the symbol “FB”.
At $38 dollars a share, the world’s No.1 social network company will sell 421 million shares, raising about $16 billion, the largest ever among all internet companies.
The price will also give the eight-year-old startup a valuation of $104 billion, the biggest of all time, Xinhua reported.
If a greenshoe option for underwriters is exercised, which means a 30-day window for banks to sell additional 63 million shares, Facebook could raise $18.4 billion.
In the last two days, Facebook has filed two documents to the Securities and Exchange Commission to raise the price range of its upcoming IPO and the amount of shares it will sell, underlining the strong demand among investors to own a piece of the hot red stock.
- Facebook set to raise $16 bn with largest tech IPO - May 18, 2012
- Wall Street extends loss - May 18, 2012
- Facebook plans to go public to raise $87bn - May 04, 2012
- Russian social network delays IPO after Facebook crash - May 30, 2012
- Facebook IPO boosts growth of Chinese sites - Feb 03, 2012
- Facebook files for $5 bn IPO - Feb 02, 2012
- LinkedIn listed on the New York Stock Exchange - May 20, 2011
- US stocks slide amid euro concerns (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- GM Stock Price Rises, No Good for Older Stock Holders - Nov 19, 2010
- Groupon IPO raises $700 million - Nov 04, 2011
- Goldman Sachs chosen adviser for Russian airport's sale - Dec 20, 2011
- Facebook is now a $33 billion entity - Aug 26, 2010
- US stocks rebound to start week - May 22, 2012
- Edward E. Whitacre Jr. Hints At GM IPO Price - Oct 14, 2010
- Facebook's early investors likely to sell shares worth billion dollars - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: banks, facebook, fb, greenshoe option, initial public offering, initial public offering ipo, internet companies, investors, ipo price, nasdaq stock exchange, securities and exchange, securities and exchange commission, underwriters, upcoming ipo, xinhua