Exporters get higher insurance coverDecember 26th, 2008 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 26 (IANS) The government Friday announced allocation of Rs.3.5 billion (Rs.350 crore) to the state-run Export Credit Guarantee Corp of India Ltd (ECGC) for providing higher risk cover to micro, small and medium exporters (MSME).The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs gave its approval for allocation of the amount that will increase the risk cover to the MSMEs from 85 percent to 95 percent.
Banks financing such MSMEs would now be able to provide continued financing, even if losses occur in one or two transactions, by the provision of higher risk cover that would be made available to them under the Export Credit Insurance Scheme for Banks operated by ECGC, the government said in a statement.
At present, the Scheme provides 75 percent risk cover for banks, which will now be enhanced to 85 percent for the MSME exporters.
In case of non-MSME sector, the additional 10 percent support will be limited to textiles (including handicraft and handlooms), gems and jewellery, leather, engineering products, carpets, project goods, auto components and chemicals.
Exporters have been in a quandary over decline in export orders, cancellation of pro-forma invoices, re-negotiation of orders and prices by buyers that resulted in a slowdown in export realisation.
- MSMEs play a pivotal role in nation's development: Virbhadra Singh - Apr 06, 2011
- India extends long-term credit to developing countries - Apr 06, 2011
- Manufacturing policy is designed to create jobs: CII - Nov 13, 2011
- 'Rate hikes playing havoc with SMEs' - Oct 25, 2011
- Handloom weavers to get credit card, interest subsidy - Nov 19, 2011
- SIDBI to be first to raise funds through ECB - Aug 27, 2012
- High credit and raw material costs affecting small firms: CII - Jun 20, 2010
- Problems of Bengal small/medium industries being probed: Minister - Jul 11, 2011
- 50 innovation clusters to help MSMEs: Pitroda - Mar 28, 2012
- Small, medium sector to be economic activity hub: Industry - Dec 27, 2009
- Corporates told to give handlooms, handicraft products as gift items - Aug 13, 2012
- Anand Sharma launches product to promote project exports from India - Apr 06, 2011
- Budget 2010 : Interest subsidy for exporters extended - Feb 26, 2010
- President lauds micro SMEs as engines of growth - Aug 31, 2010
- Government approves mandatory procurement policy from SMEs - Nov 01, 2011