Experts to resolve arsenic, fluoride problems: RameshOctober 9th, 2011 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Oct 9 (IANS) Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said Sunday that his ministry would send a team of experts to find out solutions to diseases caused by arsenic and fluoride poisoning in some districts of Jharkhand.
“We will send a team of technical experts to find out the solution of diseases caused due to arsenic and fluoride. Based on the reports of the team, we will take suitable action to deal with the problem,” Ramesh told reporters here Sunday.
The minister was in Jharkhand on a two-day trip to review his ministry’s schemes.
In some of the villages of Gumla and Garwah districts, children are born handicapped due to water contaminated with arsenic and fluoride.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda had drawn the attention of Ramesh to the problem.
–Indo-Asian news Service
- No discrimination against Jharkhand: Jairam Ramesh - Oct 09, 2011
- Punjab seeks BARC help for uranium problem in water - Jul 11, 2012
- Three criminals lynched in Jharkhand - Jan 04, 2012
- Groundwater contaminated, Punjab battles uranium curse (Punjab Newsletter) - Jul 13, 2012
- Jharkhand not utilising development funds: Ramesh - Oct 08, 2011
- MoU with CAG to audit rural development schemes: Ramesh - Oct 09, 2011
- Munda begins third leg of road check in Maoist areas - Jan 20, 2012
- Not playing Holi after tsunami: Munda - Mar 12, 2011
- India's youngest ministry tasked to end open defecation - Jul 20, 2011
- Munda to join Modi's fast - Sep 18, 2011
- Injured Munda, jailed Koda vote in presidential poll - Jul 19, 2012
- Jharkhand spent only 38 percent of job scheme funds - Dec 14, 2011
- Agra villagers suffer from water contamination - Mar 12, 2010
- Bridges, houses collapse in heavy rains in Jharkhand - Sep 24, 2011
- Crops damaged in two Jharkhand districts - Sep 12, 2011
Tags: arjun munda, arsenic, asian news, chief minister, day trip, development minister, diseases, fluoride poisoning, indo, jairam ramesh, jharkhand, news service, ranchi, rural development, suitable action, team of experts, technical experts, vd, vm