Expedite gas pipeline construction: DeoraJune 10th, 2009 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) With India’s gas production set to double in a few months, the construction of a pipeline network should keep pace to enable its equitable distribution, Petroleum Minister Murli Deora said Wednesday.
Speaking at a meeting with Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board officials, Deora said both the ministry and the regulator should work together to expedite the construction of trunk pipelines.
A press release issued by the ministry quoted him as saying that the country’s gas production will double along with the availability of liquefied natural gas (LNG) in few months.
“It is necessary to ensure that the gas so available should expeditiously reach areas where it has to be consumed,” said the press note.
Deora also asked the board to draw up a roadmap for setting up gas distribution units in more cities.
Minister of State for Petroleum Jitin Prasada and Petroleum Secretary R.S. Pandey also attended the meeting.
- Suggestions for fixing eligibility to operate LNG terminals - Apr 20, 2012
- 11,000 km of LNG pipelines laid so far - Aug 21, 2012
- Petronet's Kochi LNG terminal to start in two months - Aug 23, 2012
- India, Angola to speed up petroleum sector cooperation - Oct 31, 2010
- LNG terminal capacity to be doubled at Kochi: Petroleum Secretary - Nov 22, 2010
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- Cooking gas delivery on demand scheme launched - Jul 14, 2010
- Murli Deora takes charge in petroleum ministry - May 29, 2009
- Natural gas for Chandigarh's kitchens by April 2011 - May 29, 2010
- Pakistan to speed up gas import - Feb 03, 2012
- India, Angola to sign deal on hydrocarbon sector - Jan 27, 2010
- India, Angola agree for cooperation in hydrocarbon sector - Jan 27, 2010
- India keen to invest more in Sudan's oil sector - Oct 30, 2010
- India eyeing oil production opportunities in Africa - Dec 07, 2009
- India scouts for investment in energy in Mexico summit - Mar 31, 2010
Tags: board officials, distribution units, equitable distribution, gas distribution, gas lng, gas pipeline, India, liquefied natural gas, minister of state, murli deora, New Delhi, pace, petroleum, pipeline construction, pipeline network, pipelines, prasada, Press Release, regulatory board, roadmap