Expansion work to end at Tata Metaliks’ Kharagpur plant by OctoberSeptember 6th, 2012 - 11:18 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 6 (IANS) Pig iron maker Tata Metaliks, promoted by Tata Steel, will complete its capacity expansion work at its Kharagpur plant in October, a top company executive said Thursday.
The company, which is the country’s leading pig iron manufacturer, is carrying out the expansion project at the existing Kharagpur plant at an expense of about Rs.125 crore.
“Expansion is underway. Last one month of work is being done. One month later, work will be finished,” Tata Metaliks Limited chief operating officer D.P. Deshpande told reporters on the sidelines of an event organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
He said the total capacity of the plant, currently stood at 3.33 lakh tonnes per annum, would go up by 10 percent to 12 percent once the expansion completed.
“Rs 125 crore we have invested into the company. It will bare fruits probably one month latter. At the end of October, we could start to produce as the result of the investment as well. After three to four months from then we will get the full production,” said Deshpande.
The company has two manufacturing facilities - Kharagpur and Redi in Maharashtra.
- SAIL investing Rs.20,000 crore for modernising Bengal units - Sep 10, 2011
- Manesar violence blow to Maruti, may hit Japanese investment - Jul 20, 2012
- Tata Metaliks identifies land in Karnataka for steel project - Mar 07, 2009
- Hero to merge investment arm with self, invest Rs.2,575 crore - Jun 04, 2012
- Tractor major to invest Rs.160 crore in expansion - Apr 03, 2012
- Essar Steel commissions Phase 1 of Odisha pellet plant - Apr 09, 2012
- Tata Steel's Jamshedpur plant to be modernised - Aug 05, 2011
- Maruti's Rs.4,000 crore plant to come up in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2012
- Lumax investing Rs.150 crore on new plants, capacity - Sep 06, 2011
- H&R; Johnson pumps in Rs.225 crore in Andhra unit - May 18, 2012
- JK Tyre actively looking for rubber plantation overseas - Jul 30, 2012
- Tata Motors operationalises Karnataka plant - Jun 06, 2012
- Graphite India's Q2 net slips 14.9 percent - Nov 14, 2011
- Graphite India to expand Durgapur plant capacity - May 13, 2010
- Andhra inks MoUs for Rs.6.5 lakh crore investment (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
Tags: capacity expansion, chief operating officer, company executive, confederation of indian industry, deshpande, expansion project, expansion work, four months, fruits, iron manufacturer, kharagpur, kolkata, manufacturing facilities, per annum, pig iron, redi, rs 125, sidelines, tata steel