Exide Q4 net profit dips 12.9 percentApril 30th, 2012 - 10:28 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 30 (IANS) Exide Industries, the biggest storage battery producing company in India, Monday reported 12.9 percent slide in its net profit in the quarter ended March 31, 2012 to Rs.1.42 billion (over $26 million) from Rs.1.63 billion during the same period an year ago.
Net sales for the Kolkata-based company during the period under review, however, increased by 18.2 percent from the same period previous year to Rs.14.46 billion, the company informed the Bombay Stock Exchange.
In the fourth quarter, the company’s raw material costs increased by 11.7 percent from the same period in FY11 to Rs.9.92 billion.
“During the quarter under review, the company acquired inverter manufacturing facilities to secure synergistic benefits with our inverter batteries so as to offer a complete solution to the problem of power cuts,” Exide Industries said.
- Exide Q1 net profit slips 7 percent - Jul 16, 2012
- Exide Q1 net profit slips 7 percent (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jul 16, 2012
- Exide open to acquiring more firms in home inverter segment - Jul 17, 2012
- Coal India's Q3 net up by 54 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- United Bank Q1 net up by 31 percent - Aug 03, 2012
- Exide industries net profit up 35 percent in Q1 - Jul 13, 2010
- UBI Q4 net up 4 percent - May 05, 2012
- Tata Steel Q4 net slips about 90 percent - May 18, 2012
- Allahabad Bank Q1 net profit jumps 23 percent - Jul 30, 2012
- CESC net up 137 percent in Q4 backed by tariff hike - May 08, 2012
- Balmar Lawrie Q1 net up marginally - Aug 14, 2012
- Infosys beats guidance but stock dips on muted earnings - Jul 12, 2011
- CESC's Q3 net profit down 33 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- Rs.2 bn equity investment in Srei Equipment Finance okayed - Aug 11, 2012
- Usha Martin Q4 net dips almost 60 percent - May 10, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,