Exide posts 25 percent net profit growthOctober 23rd, 2008 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 23 (IANS) Leading battery manufacturer Exide Industries Ltd has posted 25 percent growth in net profit for the second quarter of this fiscal, a company release said here Thursday.The company reported a net profit of Rs.780 million in the July-September quarter as against Rs.620 million of the corresponding period last fiscal. The net sales for the period stood at Rs.9.01 billion, registering a growth of 35 percent.
“Proactive steps taken during the last 12 months to secure a portion of raw materials from secondary lead indigenously available by acquiring lead smelting capacities coupled with an improved sales mix has ensured satisfactory growth despite the very challenging economic environment,” Exide managing director and chief executive T.V. Ramanathan said.
The strong balance sheet and the very low debt equity ratio would ensure that the company meets its finance requirements for the ensuing quarters, also in a cost-effective manner, Ramanathan added.
- Exide Q1 net profit slips 7 percent - Jul 16, 2012
- Exide Q1 net profit slips 7 percent (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jul 16, 2012
- Exide industries net profit up 35 percent in Q1 - Jul 13, 2010
- Exide to expand in two, four-wheeler batteries - Jul 21, 2011
- Exide Q4 net profit dips 12.9 percent - Apr 30, 2012
- Exide open to acquiring more firms in home inverter segment - Jul 17, 2012
- TVS Motor's Q2 net profit up 40 percent - Nov 03, 2011
- Exide posts 92 percent rise in net profit - Oct 12, 2009
- Exide net profit surges 132 percent - Jan 11, 2010
- Exide setting up new plant at Ahmednagar - Apr 28, 2010
- HPCL posts Rs.2,089.61 crore profit - Nov 12, 2010
- ITC's second quarter net up 21.46 percent - Oct 24, 2011
- Exide Industries plans Rs.400 crore capex for 2010-11 - Jul 14, 2010
- Coal India's Q4 profit dips 5 percent - May 28, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki quarterly net profit declines 59.81 percent - Oct 29, 2011