Event designer Preston Bailey set to create magic in IndiaAugust 4th, 2008 - 4:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 4 (IANS) The ambience was perfect for another Cinderella story - a tall dark man waiting for his princess to walk into a room that had dazzling pink walls and a beautiful tree at the centre with its golden branches spread all over the roof. If you fancy such a setting for an event, it’s yours for Rs.20-40 million! All this and more is what Preston Bailey - a renowned celebrity event designer from New York who has tied up with Ferns ‘N’ Petals (FNP) to bring his vision to India in terms of methods and techniques - is offering.
“My idea for any creation is very simple but it is my imagination that gives body to my vision,” said Preston who has been in this business for more than 27 years.
Preston has entered into a strategic tie up with Ferns ‘N’ Petals to merge Indian essence with international creativity to create masterpieces of beauty and ethnicity.
“This alliance gives me an opportunity to know more about India, its culture and people who are well-known for their grand weddings and other ceremonies,” Preston maintained.
“I am fascinated by the beauty of temples in India. I would like to use them in my designing,” he added.
Ferns ‘N’ Petals had earlier collaborated well-known designer J.J. Valaya and their joint venture is called Valaya.FNP Fleur. Preston will design for the high profile clients of this company as well.
“This is a luxury brand and we aspire to cater to high end clientele only. And I am sure that our association with Preston will be a huge success,” said Valaya.
Be it weddings, anniversaries, birthday celebrations, business affairs or any other event, Preston gives the perfect makeover to the most mundane of rooms.
Preston has created lavish and memorable parties for many Hollywood celebrities like Uma Thurman, Oprah Winfrey, Catherine Zeta-Jones and many more.
Among his clients, he likes Winfrey the most because of her charming personality. He still has to brush up his knowledge about Bollywood celebrities.
“I do not know any of the Bollywood stars, but I am hopeful that I will know them all very soon,” he chuckled.
Preston can make simple lilies turn into a candlelight or red roses into galaxy of vibrant stars.
“My work is more about concepts. My clients come with their preferences and I work according to their choice,” Preston added.
He started his career as a model and eventually opened his boutique, but when this closed in 1980, he found himself without a job.
“I chose this profession because I did not have a job, but later I realised that this is what I wanted to do all my life,” he said.
Was he destined to create magic with his imagination and creativity?
“It is all about being at the right place at the right time,” he explained.
Preston is inspired by nature and loves all kinds of flowers. In all his creations, he chooses just one colour and works around its various shades.
“In this way, I maintain my unique style,” Preston added.
- Trends don't work, says JJ Valaya - Aug 09, 2012
- I've fused history, art, fashion in new project: J.J. Valaya (Interview) - Feb 11, 2011
- Wondering what to gift your sister this Rakhi? - Aug 12, 2011
- JJ Valaya 'clicks' with the LFW audience - Aug 18, 2011
- Jaipur boy wins sixth edition of 'The Debut' - Mar 01, 2012
- JJ Valaya completes 20 years, rolls out vintage tour (With Images) - Apr 19, 2012
- Embroidery, motifs dominate JJ Valaya's couture line (With Image) - Aug 09, 2012
- DCW puts spotlight on opulence, grandeur and business (Preview) - Aug 07, 2012
- Designers tap small towns with big aspirations (Feature) - Aug 21, 2011
- Jewellery week a big platform for us: Designers - Aug 19, 2010
- This fashion week was more about creativity than business (Review) - Feb 20, 2012
- Oprah asked for traditional sari: Tarun Tahiliani (With Image) - Jan 19, 2012
- Designers' thumbs up for Delhi couture week - Jun 26, 2010
- Indian is gorgeous, a perfect amalgamation of world culture: Italian designer (Interview) (With Images) - Mar 24, 2012
- Indian women should try messy, classic look: French hairstylist (With Images) - Apr 28, 2012
Tags: birthday celebrations, business affairs, catherine zeta jones, celebrity event, charming personality, cinderella story, ferns, hollywood celebrities, indian essence, j j valaya, luxury brand, memorable parties, oprah winfrey, petals, pink walls, preston bailey, profile clients, tall dark man, temples in india, uma thurman