Europe Asia Business School hosts IIM Ahmedabad Confluence 2010 in PuneNovember 23rd, 2010 - 5:33 pm ICT by ANI
Pune, Nov.23 (ANI): The Europe Asia Business School played host to the Pune leg of National Business Olympiad, a flagship event of IIM-Ahmedabad Confluence, 2010.
The Pune leg, which was held on November 20 and 21 at the EABS campus, had 29 teams with three members in each team.
There was over 60 per cent corporate participation and the rest 40 per cent was from top Pune B-schools.
Competing in an ever evolving virtual marketplace, the teams were required to take tactical and strategic decisions across sales, marketing, finance and operations.
The winners were decided on the basis of stock price of their virtual company at the end of five rounds.
The SIBM Pune team emerged as deserving winners after a strategy which saw them move up sharply from a lowly Rank 21 in Round 1!
The first among corporate teams and the second overall was Tech Mahindra, which had an equally dramatic rise from the bottom of the table in Round 1.
The third position went to Reflexis Systems.
All teams now move on to the Grand Finale rounds at IIM-A and also take home scholarships worth Rs 4.5 Lakhs from Europe Asia Business School.
2010 is the golden jubilee year of IIM-A and Confluence; their annual Management Summit, is slated to be its largest ever. The National Business Olympiad is a management simulation game played online where participants in teams of three functions as CXOs of a virtual company and compete against other teams in a virtual marketplace. It is a massive scale event with more than 500 teams from 350 corporates and institutions competing across 20 cities in India.
The winner of the Grand Finale will get Rs.one lakh as prize money.
Speaking about the success of the event, Varun Narayan, Head of Executive Education, Europe Asia Business School said: “We, Europe Asia Business School are lucky to get a chance to host the Pune round of the National Business Olympiad. Very rarely do young managers or b-school students get the opportunity to take decisions which can swing the fortunes of a company.”
“This was one tough competition for sure and the simulation method is in line with the school’s philosophy of giving students and participants the most realistic management training. We are thankful to our partners, Smartsims who played a role of our Technical Partner and Radio Mirchi, the Pune Radio Partner for making this mega event successful,” he added. The event was privileged to have three prominent industry personalities as chief guests — Pradeep Bhargava, CEO of Cummins Generators and alumni of IIM Ahmedabad; Dr. Ganesh Natarajan, CEO Zensar Technologies and alumni of Harvard Business School and Satish Duryodhan, CTO of Global Talent Track and alumni of IIM Ahmedabad. (ANI)
- Europe Asia Business School launches Mumbai campus - Dec 20, 2010
- IIM-A seeks restoration of powers - Jul 22, 2011
- IIM-Lucknow signs accord with US B-school - Sep 01, 2011
- Two more national level awards for Pune-based business school - Jan 31, 2011
- IIM-Calcutta gets a gift of knowledge from alumni - Sep 01, 2011
- IIM-Calcutta to tap corporates for funds - Sep 23, 2011
- Kamath, the force behind ICICI's rise (Profile) - May 01, 2011
- Gujarat to focus on education in a big way: Modi - Dec 27, 2010
- Global firms vie to grab Bangalore biz whizkids - Mar 24, 2012
- India among fastest growing economies in world: PM Manmohan Singh - Mar 27, 2011
- B-Schools syllabi must correspond to Indian challenges: Minister - Nov 15, 2010
- Post CWG should see demand in sports management courses - Oct 02, 2010
- Second-rung biz schools churning out 'unemployable' graduates? - Jun 29, 2010
- Korean professor to deliver first IIM A-SAGE Endowment Lecture - Dec 17, 2008
- Samsung to offer scholarships to IIM-A students - Jun 02, 2011
Tags: asia business, b school, b schools, corporate participation, dramatic rise, education europe, europe asia, flagship event, grand finale, management simulation, management summit, reflexis, school hosts, sibm pune, simulation game, strategic decisions, tech mahindra, third position, virtual company, virtual marketplace