EU leaders agree on 120 bn euro growth initiativesJune 29th, 2012 - 1:35 pm ICT by IANS
Brussels, June 29 (IANS) European Union (EU) top leaders have agreed on a package of growth initiatives worth 120 billion euros (about $150 billion) to help the most vulnerable economies in the bloc, European Council President Herman Van Rompuy said during a two-day summit in Brussels to tackle the debt crisis.
“We will boost the financing of the economy by mobilizing around 120 billion euros for immediate growth measures,” Van Rompuy told a press conference Thursday night.
The projected compact for growth and jobs has not been agreed upon yet, as it takes longer than expected to talk about growth, according to Van Rompuy.
“In the growth and jobs agenda, there’s a section that deals with financial stability. That chapter has not been discussed yet,” Xinhua quoted him as saying.
- Europe agrees to 1 trillion euro fund for new bailout plan - Oct 27, 2011
- Next EU summit to focus on jobs: Top official - Dec 21, 2011
- EU adopts measures to tackle financial crisis in the Eurozone - Mar 25, 2011
- 25 EU members to join fiscal treaty (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- EU President says more money will be found if needed to fight debt crisis - Jun 10, 2010
- Potential for India-EU bilateral ties huge: European Council chief - Dec 10, 2010
- EU leaders agree on new fiscal agreement - Jan 31, 2012
- Greek referendum plan plunges financial markets into frenzy - Nov 02, 2011
- EU urges Greek government to fulfil commitments on debt crisis - Nov 11, 2011
- PM to visit Belgium, Germany to expand bilateral ties - Dec 07, 2010
- Obama, Manmohan to work together to boost global economy (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- EU welcomes resumption of India-Pakistan talks - Jun 05, 2010
- India, EU to clinch FTA soon, to combat terror (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- US stocks pull back as European optimism fades - Dec 13, 2011
- India, EU decide to step up trade deal talks, sign research pact - Feb 10, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,