Etisalat to buy stake in Swan TelecomSeptember 23rd, 2008 - 4:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 23 (IANS) Abu Dhabi-based Emirates Telecommunications Corp ETEL.AD (Etisalat) will tie up with India’s Swan Telecom, Minister of Communications and IT A. Raja indicated here Tuesday.”I am told unofficially one of the companies which got spectrum in some of the areas is going to align with Etisalat… It is probably Swan,” Raja said on the sidelines of an India Post conference. However, he did not divulge any further details.
Swan Telecom provides mobile telephone services in 13 circles in India.
“We have worked out the deal,” a top Swan official told IANS over telephone but refused to give more details.
According to media reports last week, Etisalat was to buy 49 percent stake in India’s Swan Telecom for around $1.3 billion.
Etisalat, the Gulf region’s second largest telecom firm by market value, could raise its stake to 51 percent later.
However, recent media reports stated that Etisalat had agreed to buy about 45 percent of India’s Swan Telecom for up to $ 900 million.
- Etisalat sues Indian joint venture partners for fraud - Feb 23, 2012
- Etisalat advises subscribers to 'port out' - Mar 09, 2012
- Etisalat says won't participate in 2G auction - Sep 05, 2012
- Etisalat to shut down India operation - Feb 22, 2012
- UAE-based Etisalat denies involvement in Indian 2G scam - Feb 10, 2011
- Shahid Balwa's bail plea defered till Saturday - May 03, 2011
- Companies that were issued the 122 tainted telecom licences (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Companies that were issued the 122 tainted telecom licences - Feb 02, 2012
- TDSAT notice to Etisalat on RComm's Rs.1,200 crore dues - Feb 23, 2012
- India eases merger norms in telecom sector - Feb 15, 2012
- Reliance Communications surges 11 percent on reports of stake sale - Jun 02, 2010
- Etisalat buys stake in Swan Telecom, to enter Indian market (Lead, Changing dateline) - Sep 23, 2008
- Only fresh equity, not spectrum, sold by phone firms: Chidambaram - Jul 25, 2011
- 'Reliance Communications had no stake in Swan' - Nov 16, 2010
- Etisalat connects UAE to South Sudan - Apr 27, 2012