Etihad launches flights to Iraq’s BasraApril 16th, 2012 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, April 16 (IANS/WAM) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), has launched a flight from Abu Dhabi to Basra in Iraq.
The new Airbus A320 service, with 16 business class seats and 120 economy class seats, will operate four times a week.
Basra is Etihad’s third destination in Iraq.
“These new services are an important step for Etihad Airways and for the UAE, reflecting a commitment to strengthening ties in the region,” said James Hogan, Etihad Airways president and chief executive officer.
Etihad Airways has been operating services to Baghdad since April 2010, and Erbil in north Iraq since June 2010.
Last year, Etihad Airways carried more than 100,000 passengers between Abu Dhabi and these two cities.
- Etihad marks a year of successful Iraq services - May 06, 2011
- UAE starts flights to Baghdad - Apr 18, 2010
- Etihad launches cargo service to Iraq - Apr 26, 2010
- Etihad, Alitalia to launch Rome-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 25, 2012
- Etihad Airways launches recruitment drive in Oman - Apr 16, 2012
- Dusseldorf is Etihad's 71st destination - Jul 23, 2011
- Etihad Airways increases flights to Jeddah - Jan 19, 2011
- Etihad to fly to Seychelles - May 27, 2011
- Etihad to increase flights to Riyadh - Sep 20, 2011
- Etihad Airways to fly daily to Vietnam - Jul 22, 2012
- Etihad launches flights to Nairobi - Apr 03, 2012
- Etihad to run daily Brisbane-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 16, 2012
- Etihad woos Australian travellers - Aug 05, 2011
- Etihad launches flights to Shanghai - Mar 03, 2012
- Etihad Airways wins Airbus award - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, airbus a320, baghdad, basra, business class seats, chief executive officer, dg, economy class seats, erbil, etihad airways, flights, james hogan, national airline, north iraq, ties, uae, united arab emirates, wam