Etihad buys 29 percent stake in Air BerlinDecember 19th, 2011 - 11:10 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Dec 19 (IANS/WAM) UAE’s national carrier Etihad Airways has bought a 29.21 percent stake in Air Berlin, it was announced Monday.
The deal will bring the total number of Etihad destinations to 269, either directly or with partner airlines. Etihad is now the biggest shareholder of Air Berlin, Germany’s second-largest airline.
“This new partnership expands our network reach, gives us access to 33 million new passengers, and provides us with a real opportunity for global growth,” Etihad CEO James Hogan said.
“The strategic partnership with Etihad Airways opens up enormous opportunities for the future of our company,” Air Berlin’s CEO Hartmut Mehdorn said.
- UAE, Chinese airlines sign cooperation agreement - Mar 23, 2012
- Etihad starts codeshare flights with Chinese carrier - Mar 02, 2012
- Etihad launches flights to Shanghai - Mar 03, 2012
- Etihad signs $1 bn deal with aviation tech firm - Dec 21, 2011
- Air Seychelles announces flights to Abu Dhabi - Feb 03, 2012
- Etihad marks a year of successful Iraq services - May 06, 2011
- Etihad to open contact centre in Manchester - Mar 25, 2011
- Etihad launches flights to Iraq's Basra - Apr 16, 2012
- Etihad launches flights to Nairobi - Apr 03, 2012
- Etihad revenue up 39 percent - Oct 05, 2011
- Etihad Airways buys stake in Virgin Australia - Jun 07, 2012
- Dusseldorf is Etihad's 71st destination - Jul 23, 2011
- Etihad to increase flights to Riyadh - Sep 20, 2011
- Etihad appoints general manager for Brazil - Jun 12, 2012
- Etihad Airways to fly daily to Vietnam - Jul 22, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, air berlin, airline, berlin germany, ceo, dg, etihad airways, global growth, hartmut mehdorn, james hogan, national carrier, partner airlines, percent stake, shareholder, strategic partnership, wam uae