Etihad Airways wins Airbus awardJuly 8th, 2012 - 12:20 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, July 7 (IANS/WAM) Etihad Airways, the flag carrier of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), has been awarded the “Top Operational Excellence Award” by Airbus for its fleet of Airbus A340 aircraft.
This is the second time the UAE carrier has received the award.
Etihad Airways operates a fleet of four Airbus A340-500s and seven A340-600s.
Airbus said Etihad Airways outperformed other airlines across a number of criteria for operational excellence over a two-year period.
The winning criteria included the number of take-offs, flight hours, operational interruptions and how quickly the airline recovered from any delays.
Etihad Airways’ chief operations officer Captain Richard Hill said they were delighted to receive the award.
- Etihad, Alitalia to launch Rome-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 25, 2012
- Etihad starts codeshare flights with Chinese carrier - Mar 02, 2012
- Etihad launches flights to Shanghai - Mar 03, 2012
- Etihad launches flights to Iraq's Basra - Apr 16, 2012
- Etihad appoints general manager for Brazil - Jun 12, 2012
- Etihad to increase flights to Riyadh - Sep 20, 2011
- Etihad signs $1 bn deal with aviation tech firm - Dec 21, 2011
- UAE envoy meets Irish finance minister - Feb 09, 2012
- Etihad buys 29 percent stake in Air Berlin - Dec 19, 2011
- Etihad launches flights to Nairobi - Apr 03, 2012
- Etihad buying 12 Boeings for about $3 bn - Dec 13, 2011
- Etihad Airways bags best airline award - Jan 13, 2012
- Etihad to fly to Seychelles - May 27, 2011
- UAE airline wins Airbus award - Jun 12, 2011
- Dusseldorf is Etihad's 71st destination - Jul 23, 2011
Tags: a340 aircraft, abu dhabi, airbus a340, airline, airlines, captain richard, chief operations officer, etihad airways, excellence award, flag carrier, fleet, flight hours, interruptions, operational excellence, second time, uae, united arab emirates, vd, wam