Etihad Airways to launch flights to AhmedabadMay 29th, 2012 - 12:29 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways Monday said that it will start daily flights to Ahmedabad from November 2012.
“Addition of Ahmedabad will make significant contributions to traffic flows to Abu Dhabi and beyond,” said the airline’s president and chief executive James Hogan.
“Ahmedabad is an economic centre and daily flights to Abu Dhabi will build greater ties with the UAE’s capital as it continues to invest in world-class development projects and attract business and leisure travellers,” he added.
The new service to Ahmedabad will offer nearly 1,000 seats a week into the city.
The airline said that it anticipates strong traffic flows from Ahmedabad to Abu Dhabi and onto its European and US destinations.
Ahmedabad will be Etihad Airways’ ninth destination within India and the new route will be served by an Airbus A320 aircraft.
- Etihad launches flights to Iraq's Basra - Apr 16, 2012
- Etihad to increase flights to Riyadh - Sep 20, 2011
- Etihad launches flights to Shanghai - Mar 03, 2012
- Etihad Airways to fly daily to Vietnam - Jul 22, 2012
- Etihad starts codeshare flights with Chinese carrier - Mar 02, 2012
- Dusseldorf is Etihad's 71st destination - Jul 23, 2011
- Etihad, Alitalia to launch Rome-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 25, 2012
- Etihad to fly to Seychelles - May 27, 2011
- Etihad Airways increases flights to Jeddah - Jan 19, 2011
- Etihad marks a year of successful Iraq services - May 06, 2011
- Etihad unveils special A330-200 Manchester City livery - Jul 09, 2011
- Etihad Airways to fly to Brazil - Jun 04, 2012
- Etihad buys 29 percent stake in Air Berlin - Dec 19, 2011
- Etihad Airways starts service to Seychelles - Nov 07, 2011
- Etihad Airways wins Airbus award - Jul 08, 2012