Ethiopia seeks India’s assistance to promote tourismFebruary 8th, 2012 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, (IANS) Ethiopia has sought India’s assistance for promoting tourism in the country, officials said Wednesday.
Visiting Ethiopian Minister of Culture and Tourism Tadelech Dalcho called on Tourism Secretary R.H. Khwaja and showed keen interest in India’s tourism activities.
Referring to the age-old historical and cultural ties between the two countries, Khwaja said: “India and Ethiopia enjoy warm and cordial relations in political, commercial, cultural and other areas.”
He also suggested exchange of visits of representative of travel and tour operators between the two countries for promotion of tourism.
India Tourism office, located in South Africa, is responsible for promoting India as a tourist destination in Ethiopia.
- India, Mauritius to strengthen travel trade - Jul 13, 2012
- India holds road shows in Saudi Arabia to attract tourists - Jan 13, 2012
- India's democratic development a lesson for Africa: Ethiopia Deputy PM - May 22, 2011
- India, Uzbekistan join to promote tourism - May 16, 2011
- India, Israel to enhance tourism cooperation - Sep 05, 2011
- Goa, Rajasthan hit wedding destinations for US tourists - Mar 08, 2011
- New strategies needed to help tourism growth: Sahay - Mar 14, 2011
- Tourism should be part of political agenda: Sahai - Jul 06, 2012
- No Indian land grab, says Ethiopian PM - May 25, 2011
- India to focus on building tourism infrastructure: Minister - Sep 09, 2011
- Indian tourists to South Africa could cross 1 lakh this year - Sep 07, 2012
- Subodh Kant Sahai calls for more thrust on domestic tourism - Mar 14, 2011
- Trade, development on agenda of PM's visit to Ethiopia, Tanzania - May 17, 2011
- Mongolian team meets Omar Abdullah, seeks tourism collaboration - May 12, 2010
- Kenya hardselling leisure, biz travel in India - Feb 18, 2011
Tags: cordial relations, country officials, india tourism, keen interest, khwaja, minister of culture, New Delhi, south africa, ties, tour operators, tourism activities, tourism india, tourism office, tourism secretary, tourist destination