Estee Lauder Selects Joan Smalls As Its New FaceDecember 14th, 2010 - 9:43 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Dec 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Estee Lauder which is known as a top US based skincare and unisex grooming products manufacturer has selected model Joan Smalls as its new face. The model who already has a number of professional achievements to her credit hails from Puerto Rico. She is the 2011 Spokesmodel for the skincare and cosmetics lineup of Estee Lauder. Aerin Lauder the creative director and Senior Vice President of the company justified her selection saying “She’s confident, happy, elegant, well-spoken, and grown-up and it really comes through in her pictures.” He added that while choosing a brand ambassador the company looks into aspects like personality apart from the face of a model. He also said that she has a warmth that does not make one feel intimidated.
With this feather in her cap model Joan Smalls joins the big league of super models and actresses like Constance Jablonski,Carolyn Murphy, Gwyneth Paltrow and Hilary Rhoda. This is going to do wonders for her carer for sure. The global advertising campaigns for the skincare and cosmetics major featuring the model will start appearing in media in May 2011 as it has been reported. She became the third model to be signed by Estee Lauder this year, after Liu Wen and Constance Jablonski were picked up earlier this year.
The pretty model has worked with the top fashion designers like Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton and also had her brushes with brands like Gucci and Prada. She became noticed in the global fashion scene after appearing in the Givenchy Fall/Winter 2010 Couture Show of Ricardo Tisci. She has also done photography session for the coveted Vogue magazine.
- Joan Smalls is the new face of Estee Lauder - Dec 14, 2010
- World's first transsexual supermodel Lea T shakes up fashion world - Aug 03, 2010
- Evelyn Lauder dies at the age of 75 years - Nov 14, 2011
- Cosmetics giants Estee Lauder, Maybelline adding Asian faces to their brands - Aug 28, 2010
- Liz Hurley's response to Twitter plug furore - Jan 12, 2011
- Liz Hurley's pink skin-tight dress stuns all at cancer charity event - Oct 02, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow is the new face of Coach - Apr 26, 2011
- Kate Moss smokes at Paris fashion week finale - Mar 11, 2011
- 'Fabulous at Every Age' Liz Hurley celebrates beauty through generations - Apr 14, 2011
- I'm very vain, admits Gwen Stefani - Apr 06, 2011
- Pretty in pink Liz Hurley makes US ambassador Louis Susman blush - Oct 19, 2010
- Blake Lively new face of Gucci - Jun 24, 2012
- Rihanna new face of Emporio Armani - Jul 12, 2011
- Celebs face possible court action over 'plugging' products on Twitter - Jan 09, 2011
- Paltrow is scared of Pinto stealing her deal - Mar 29, 2009
Tags: advertising campaigns, aerin lauder, fashion scene, global advertising, global fashion, grooming products, gwyneth paltrow, hilary rhoda, jablonski, marc jacobs, photography session, pretty model, products manufacturer, professional achievements, ranjan, senior vice president, spokesmodel, super models, top fashion designers, vogue magazine