Essar Oil earmarks entire production for domestic marketJanuary 9th, 2009 - 6:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 9 (IANS) Essar Oil’s entire production will be for the domestic market, a senior company official said here Friday, the third day of an indefinite strike called by oil sector officers.”All our products, 100 percent, are entirely for the domestic market,” a senior Essar official told IANS.
“We had some export obligations. But they are not for this period and anyway, the orders have been deferred,” he said.
So far, only Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL) has been loading Essar products, but the official said “loading by rail” maybe started shortly for two other public sector oil marketing companies, Indian Oil Corp (IOC) and Bharat Petroleum Corp (BPCL).
Besides Essar, another private retailer, Reliance Petroleum, has also been supplying petroleum products to state-owned marketing companies.
Public sector refineries are currently running at 60 percent capacity, with four refineries of IOC at Panipat (Haryana), Haldia (West Bengal), Koyali (Gujarat) and Mathura (Uttar Pradesh) suspending operations.
The official added that sales at Essar’s retail outlets have “more than doubled” on account of the oil sector officers’ strike. Essar operates about 1,000 retail outlets around the country.
Essar operates a 10.5-MMTPA (Million Metric Tonne Per Annum) refinery at Vadinar in Jamnagar, Gujarat.
The government had asked the private refiners to be on standby at the start of the strike called by the Oil Sector Officers Association (OSOA).
- Petrol bunks go dry in three Tamil Nadu districts(Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Essar Oil completes expansion of Vadinar refinery - Mar 29, 2012
- Petrol prices to rise by Rs 2.54 per litre from midnight tonight - Jan 15, 2011
- FAQs on the oil strike - Jan 09, 2009
- Essar Oil in pact with IGL for NCR CNG retailing - Mar 09, 2012
- Oil strike pushes Essar's daily retail sales - Jan 08, 2009
- Petrol bunks go dry in three Tamil Nadu districts - May 28, 2012
- Hike likely in diesel, LPG, kerosene prices - Sep 05, 2012
- India holds bilateral talks with Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Canada - Nov 03, 2010
- Essar Oil told to pay Rs.1,000 crore dues to Gujarat (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Naphtha cracker project at Indian Oil's Panipat complex dedicated to nation - Feb 15, 2011
- Fuel supply resumes, Air India operations normal (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Sri Lanka rejects Indian offer to upgrade refinery - Apr 29, 2012
- India asks Saudi Arabia to hike crude oil supply - Feb 23, 2012
- Oil sector strike starts, refineries closed (Lead) - Jan 07, 2009