Eon, XUV 500 and Brio most online searched cars: SurveyJune 5th, 2012 - 11:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 5 (IANS) A study by a leading agency Tuesday revealed that Hyundai Eon, Mahindra XUV 500, Honda Brio, Tata Manza, Maruti Kizashi and Toyota Liva were among the top cars most searched online by customers.
The study by A.C. Nielsen on behalf of Google India conducted surveys across car showrooms of leading brands in top eight metros showed the buyers online research and query pattern.
Based on the query volumes, other top most searched cars were Hyundai Verna, Nissan Sunny, Skoda Rapid and Ford Fiesta.
The online research volumes showed that sports utility vehicle (SUVs) was the fastest growing car segment, growing at 83 percent, followed by premium cars at 82 percent, sedans at 75 percent, luxury cars at 74 percent and hatchback segment (small cars) at 53 percent.
The study also showed that one in two car buyers has conducted prior online research before making a vehicle purchase.
The study revealed that more than five people change their choice of brand after researching their preference online.
Most car buyers rated the OEM’s (original equipment manufacturer) website very useful and trustworthy source of information.
- Hyundai Motor's November sales up 28.1 percent - Dec 01, 2011
- Hyundai's June sales up by 3.5 percent - Jul 02, 2012
- Hyundai Motor's April sales up 4.9 percent - May 02, 2012
- Hyundai's February sales down, exports fall - Mar 01, 2012
- Auto industry to entice customers with new launches in 2011 - Jan 16, 2011
- Auto industry posts good sales despite bleak sentiment (Roundup) - Oct 01, 2011
- Hyundai's domestic sales up by six percent - Sep 01, 2012
- Hyundai's September sales up 12.4 percent - Oct 01, 2011
- Toyota aims to sell 70,000 units of Etios models in 2011 - Dec 06, 2010
- Toyota launches hatchback car Etios Liva - Jun 27, 2011
- Hyundai to increase car prices from January - Dec 07, 2011
- Bookings for Hyundai's compact car Eon from Oct 1 - Sep 30, 2011
- Auto-industry's mixed results for November sales - Dec 01, 2011
- Indian automobile firms close 2010 with stellar sales figures (Roundup) - Jan 01, 2011
- Hyundai's May sales zoom by 16.6 percent - Jun 01, 2012
Tags: car buyers, car segment, car showrooms, ford fiesta, google, hyundai verna, liva, luxury cars, manza, maruti, nissan sunny, original equipment manufacturer, premium cars, research volumes, skoda rapid, small cars, sports utility vehicle, top cars, trustworthy source, xuv