Emami ropes in Dhoni, Preity Zinta as brand ambassadorsFebruary 3rd, 2010 - 9:03 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 3 (IANS) The Emami group has roped in Indian cricket skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni and actress Preity Zinta as brand ambassadors for a yet to be launched edible oil brand, the company said in a statement Wednesday.
“Mahendra Singh Dhoni, captain of the Indian cricket team as well as of the Chennai Super Kings of the IPL fame, and Preity Zinta, renowned actress and co-owner of Kings XI Punjab, have been signed up by Emami as its new brand ambassadors,” it said.
Edible oils range will include soya, mustard, rice bran, palm and sunflower.
“The celebrity duo has come together to do a TVC (television commercial) for the company’s brand. The ad film is directed by Prahlad Kakkar,” the Emami statement added.
The Rs 2,500 crore city-based group has business interests in fast moving consumer goods, paper and news print, writing instruments, edible oil and cultivation, bio-diesel, hospitals, pharmacy, cement, real estate and retail.
- Emami eyes 15 percent share in packaged edible oil market - Aug 19, 2010
- Emami launches edible oil brand - Feb 20, 2010
- Oily bond: Preity Zinta teams up with Dhoni - Feb 03, 2010
- Chennai Super Kings arrive in Chandigarh to take on Kings XI Punjab - Apr 12, 2011
- Malaika teams up with Suriya, Junior NTR for Zandu Balm ad - Dec 14, 2010
- Preity Zinta argues with airport official - Apr 15, 2011
- Preity denies any arrest warrant against her by court - Jul 24, 2010
- Preity Zinta to be brand ambassador of Himachal tourism - Nov 30, 2010
- Emami plans big foray into Ethiopia, other African countries (Lead) - May 11, 2010
- Emami plans big foray into Africa in cash crops, power - May 11, 2010
- Indian palm oil firms make Indonesian eco-disaster: Greenpeace - Jun 19, 2012
- Prices remain high in Delhi - Jan 21, 2011
- Court summons for Preity Zinta on IPL ads - Mar 22, 2010
- Preity Zinta 'avoids' court summons - Mar 24, 2010
- Emami Biotech to invest $80 mn in Ethiopia - Aug 03, 2009
Tags: ambassadors, bio diesel, business interests, co owner, edible oil, edible oils, emami group, indian cricket team, mahendra singh dhoni, moving consumer goods, mustard, prahlad kakkar, preity zinta, punjab, renowned actress, rice bran, ropes, rs 2, skipper, writing instruments