Electrolux income drops in 2011February 3rd, 2012 - 2:03 pm ICT by IANS
Stockholm, Feb 3 (IANS) Affected by price pressure and increased costs for raw materials, the income of the Swedish multinational appliance manufacturer Electrolux fell by 48 percent last year compared to 2010, the company said in its fiscal report Thursday.
The net income of the company in 2011 amounted to 2.78 billion Swedish kronor (about $412 million), while net sales amounted to 101.59 billion Swedish kronor (about $15,057.1 million), reported Xinhua.
In the fourth quarter of 2011, the company’s net sales had a slight increase of three percent, amounting to 28.37 billion Swedish kronor (about $4.2 million), while the net income plummeted by 65 percent compared to the same period in 2010.
Price pressure, high raw materials costs with the weak demand could account for the dramatic fall in the company’s income of 2011, said Electrolux’s president and CEO Keith McLoughlin.
“We have taken actions to increase prices…acquire companies in emerging markets and change the organization to strengthen the company’s position as we entered 2012,” said McLoughlin who described the market as a “tough environment”.
According to the report, Electrolux markets in Latin America, Southeast Asia and Eastern Europe contributed 35 percent of the total sales in 2011 with strong growth.
- Demand lifts Electrolux Q2 profits - Jul 19, 2010
- Volvo reports better profit in Q2 than expected - Jul 25, 2012
- Home appliance maker Electrolux nearly doubles Q3 earnings - Oct 26, 2009
- Ericsson reports drop in second-quarter sales - Jul 23, 2010
- Bosch India net up 31 percent in 2011 - Feb 28, 2012
- GM posts $7.6 bn net profit for 2011 - Feb 17, 2012
- Mexican oil firm posts nearly $25 bn surplus in 2011 - Feb 01, 2012
- Consumer durables prices to go up again - Jun 10, 2012
- China's largest gold miner posts gloomy results - Aug 11, 2012
- Coal India's Q3 net up by 54 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- Wal-Mart Q3 profit below estimates - Nov 16, 2011
- SpiceJet's third quarter net loss at Rs.39.26 crore - Feb 06, 2012
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent - Apr 20, 2012
- Tata Motors third quarter net profit up 40.47 percent - Feb 14, 2012
- Exide Q4 net profit dips 12.9 percent - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: 1 million, appliance manufacturer, ceo, dramatic fall, eastern europe, electrolux, emerging markets, fiscal report, fourth quarter, latin america, net income, net sales, raw materials costs, southeast asia, stockholm, swedish kronor, xinhua