Efforts on to lift stay on K-G basin gas productionSeptember 24th, 2008 - 9:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 24 (IANS) The government is making all efforts to get a court injunction on the production of gas by Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) in the Krishna-Godavari (KG) basin lifted, a top petroleum ministry official said here Wednesday.”Starting gas production at the K-G basin is a national priority,” Petroleum Secretary R.S. Pandey said, adding that the ministry was making all efforts to get the court injunction lifted.
“The ministry had sent a team there and we found that gas production can start by the end of the current year,” Pandey said after a lecture on energy security.
Reliance Natural Resources Ltd (RNRL, headed by Anil Ambani, is fighting a court battle with RIL - led by estranged elder brother Mukesh Ambani - over the sale of gas from the K-G basin.
Pandey also described the start of crude oil production by RIL in the K-G basin as a matter of “national pride” and added that it encouraged other operators in the area, especially state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC).
RIL chairman Mukesh Ambani Sunday announced the commencement of oil production in the D-6 block, and said gas production would begin within the first three months of next year.
- Even oil ministry said RIL has full gas marketing freedom: RNRL - Dec 01, 2009
- RIL itself had sought permission to sell gas at $2.34 per unit: RNRL - Dec 08, 2009
- Supreme Court reserves verdict in Reliance gas dispute - Dec 18, 2009
- Apex court reserves verdict on Krishna-Godavari gas row (Lead) - Dec 18, 2009
- Oil ministry claims burden will be heavy if gas sold as per family pact (Lead) - Nov 18, 2009
- Oil ministry has compromised NTPC's rights: RNRL (To go with: Court agrees high gas price will push power, fertiliser costs) - Dec 02, 2009
- Murli Deora welcomes Supreme Court's verdict on Krishna Godavari Basin Gas dispute - May 07, 2010
- Efforts on to lift stay on K-G basin gas production (Lead) - Sep 25, 2008
- RIL responsible for Dadri power project stalemate: RNRL (To go with: Even oil ministry said RIL has full gas marketing freedom: RNRL) - Dec 01, 2009
- KG basin gas row: SC to deliver verdict today - May 07, 2010
- Balakrishnan case: SC asks petitioner to submit affidavit in two weeks - Mar 04, 2011
- Supreme Court seeks status report on former CJI Balakrishnan - Feb 18, 2011
- Krishna-Godavari gas not for Dadri alone: RNRL - Dec 03, 2009
- Oil ministry misguiding people, PMO: Reliance Natural Resources - Aug 11, 2009
- RIL itself sought permission to sell gas at $2.34 per unit: RNRL (Lead) - Dec 08, 2009
Tags: court injunction, crude oil production, elder brother, first three months, national pride, national priority, petroleum ministry, reliance industries, reliance industries ltd, reliance industries ltd ril