Eden Gardens renovation awarded to two companiesJune 6th, 2009 - 3:04 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 6 (IANS) The Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) has decided to award the contracts for renovation of the Eden Gardens with an eye on the 2011 World Cup to two companies - Burt Hill of USA and VMS Ahmedabad.
Disclosing this to newspersons here after a working committee meeting of the CAB, its president Jagmohan Dalmiya said the renovation work would be started soon.
While the Ahmedabad company had built the Eden Club House, Burt Hill designed the Tamil Nadu assembly building.
Eden, one of the venues for the 2011 World Cup that is being jointly organised by India, Bangladesh and Sri lanka, needs various facilities as per ICC stipulations.
The venue, where the 1987 World Cup final was held, needs two practice facilities away from the main ground, bucket seats, a swimming pool, and a new press centre on the side opposite the players’ dressing rooms and those for match officials among other facilities.
Sources said the cost could range between Rs.500 million and Rs.800 million.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India and the CAB are supposed to share the expenses equally.
- West Bengal waives amusement tax for World Cup ties - Jan 25, 2011
- Work at Eden speeded up, CAB still hopeful about England tie - Jan 28, 2011
- Bengal cricket body lashes out at ICC, BCCI - Jan 27, 2011
- Eden Gardens WC fiasco: Pranab Mukherjee to meet Sharad Pawar - Jan 30, 2011
- Eden Gardens will not host India-England World Cup match (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- ICC takes away India-England World Cup game from Eden Gardens (Roundup) - Jan 28, 2011
- Tax waiver sought for World Cup games in Bengal - Jan 05, 2011
- Dalmiya should resign from CAB, says long-time opponent - Jan 27, 2011
- ICC team wants Eden garden work to be completed by Jan 31 - Jan 25, 2011
- 'We are ready' says CAB a day ahead of ICC inspection - Feb 06, 2011
- Eden Gardens likely to host remaining three World Cup matches: ICC - Feb 08, 2011
- ICC team inspects Eden, faces black flags (Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Has Eden Gardens become a pawn in cricket board politics? - Feb 04, 2011
- Dalmiya meets Pranab on Eden fiasco - Jan 29, 2011
- CAB trying to rope in Kapil as bowling consultant - Jul 28, 2012
Tags: ahmedabad, bucket seats, burt hill, club house, committee meeting, cricket association of bengal, dressing rooms, eden club, eden gardens, match, renovation work, rs 500, rs 800, stipulations, swimming pool, tamil nadu, venue, vms, working committee, world cup