Eco-friendly tech expo opens in ChinaNovember 26th, 2011 - 3:24 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Nov 26 (IANS) Over 240 domestic and foreign firms are taking part in an international eco-friendly technology expo opened in eastern China Friday.
The three-day event in Nanjing, the capital of Jiangsu province, will also see a series of symposiums on metal and air pollution, solid waste disposal and development of the eco-friendly technology industry, Xinhuanet.com reported.
China has pledged to invest three trillion yuan ($470 billion) in environment-friendly technologies during its 12th five-year plan period (2011-2015).
The sector is expected to maintain an annual growth rate of 15 to 20 percent during the plan period, while its total output value is expected to reach 4.9 trillion yuan.
- China to invest $375 bn in energy-saving projects - Aug 22, 2012
- China's foreign trade to top $4.8 trillion in 2015 - Jan 04, 2012
- China's transport authorities step up efforts to reduce emission - Nov 27, 2011
- China's steel demand to reach 750 mn tonnes in 2015 - May 29, 2011
- China's IT industry sees revenue growth - Apr 09, 2012
- E-commerce to make even bigger gains - Mar 28, 2012
- China to boost strategic industries - May 30, 2012
- Civil servants in China to get ethics training - Nov 03, 2011
- China to cut 40 percent emission by 2015 - Feb 01, 2012
- China adds 60 million hectares of forest - Jun 05, 2012
- Archaeologists unearth ancient Chinese tomb - Nov 26, 2011
- China to face power shortage - Feb 27, 2012
- China to set up 85,000-km freeway network - Nov 09, 2010
- China's communist party begins 12th Plan discussions - Oct 15, 2010
- China sets seven percent growth target - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: air pollution, annual growth rate, china beijing, eastern china, five year plan, friendly technologies, friendly technology, jiangsu province, plan period, solid waste disposal, symposiums, technology expo, technology industry, trillion, xinhuanet, yuan