Eclectic mix of designers at Delhi Fashion WeekSeptember 25th, 2008 - 9:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 25 (IANS) An eclectic mix of designers ranging from industry top-notchers to emerging youngsters will showcase their work at the inaugural Delhi Fashion Week (DFW) here next month that will run parallel to the premier Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW).DFW runs Oct 14-18 at the tony Emporio mall in south Delhi while WIFW will be staged at the sprawling Pragati Maidan exhibition complex Oct 15-19.
Thus, at one end of the scale at DFW will be established couturiers like Anamika Khanna and Tarun Tahiliani and along the line, a whole bunch of upcoming designers.
“The designers have been carefully selected by an eminent jury drawn from a wide cross section of designers across the country,” Meera Ali, spokesperson of the newly formed Fashion Foundation of India (FFI) that is staging DFW, said at a press conference here Thursday.
“The selected upcoming, emerging and established designers are the finest and most creative talent in the country,” she added.
According to Ali, DFW’s format is based on feedback received from buyers, eminent people within the industry, the media and the designers themselves.
“I will describe this event as a combination of luxury and creativity,” said fashion impresario Summet Nair who is a consultant to DFW.
“This event is a creative luxurious platform for designers to showcase what they have always believed in,” he added.
Elaborating on this, Nair stated: “DFW will set a benchmark in terms of talent, production, shows and the event as a whole.”
The other designers who will be participating in the event are Abhijeet Khanna, Alpana and Neeraj of label Azara, Jason Anshu, Atsu Sekhose, Gaurav Gupta, Lecoanet Hemant, Malini Ramini, Meera Ali, Preeti Chandra, Priyadarshini Rao, Raghavendra Rathore, Rahul Reddy, Rajvi Mohan, Rohit Bal, Savio Jon, Sonam Dubal, Varun Sardana, and Vineet Bahl.
The accessory designers who will also be part of the event are Alecca Carrano, Amrita Hans, Bai Lou, Curio Cottage, Meera Mahadevia, Nivedita Swarup, Peachy Bawa, Pashma, Yasmine Rana, Nivedita and Deepti Sudhindra.
Talking about the preparations that are in full swing for the event, Nair told IANS: “These events are like marriages. No matter how long you have worked, there is always the last minute finishing touches that are required.”
- Delhi Fashion Week to combine luxury with creativity (Preview) - Oct 13, 2008
- Delhi Fashion Week's participants list out, few names missing - Mar 04, 2009
- This fashion week was more about creativity than business (Review) - Feb 20, 2012
- 138 designers to participate in WIFW autumn-winter 2012 - Jan 27, 2012
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- WIFW widens horizon - fuses fashion with social cause (IANS Preview) - Feb 14, 2012
- Business, not Bollywood, in focus at WIFW: FDCI chief - Oct 07, 2011
- Japanese designers to showcase at WIFW - Feb 07, 2012
- Parents' aesthetics could be intimidating: Sama Ali (With Images) - Mar 12, 2012
- Delhi gears up for two fashion 'weeks' - Mar 17, 2009
- WIFW gets grander with bigger venue, 115 designers - Oct 22, 2010
- JJ Valaya is WIFW 2012 finale designer - Feb 02, 2012
- Designers work overtime, say WIFW important for business - Apr 01, 2011
- A bit of Kanjivaram, dollops of vintage clothes at WIFW (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 05, 2011
- Indian Fashion Making Waves On Global Shores In 2010 - Dec 30, 2010