Eaton calls for government subsidy for hybrid vehiclesJune 25th, 2008 - 8:42 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 25 (IANS) Eaton Corp Inc, which developed diesel-electric hybrid truck technology, Wednesday urged the state governments to share the product cost since the technology is costly. “The hybrid technology for commercial vehicles can be experimented extensively in transport corporations owned by the state governments. As the technology is costly, it needs some governmental subsidy,” Eaton India managing director Shyam P. Kambeyanda told reporters here.
The eco-friendly hybrid vehicle has an electric motor apart from its conventional diesel engine.
Eaton Corp recently won an order for 30 hybrid systems from Guangzhou Yiqi Bus, a public transport operator in China.
The US-based company is also supplying the hybrid technology to the trucks of Coca Cola, UPS among others in the US.
Speaking about the company’s automotive business in India, Kambeyanda said the newly set up truck transmissions plant in Maharashtra would supply the transmission lines to Tata Motors as well as to Mahindra International.
He added that the company also has plans to expand capacity in the coming years.
With the American auto makers experiencing downslide in sales, Eaton Corporation is targeting the Asian market for its products, he added.
- Auto firms bullish on electric vehicles after government plan - Sep 06, 2012
- Eaton in talks with car makers for its superchargers - Sep 06, 2011
- Government approves plan to promote hybrid vehicles - Aug 29, 2012
- Eaton open to acquisitions in India - Apr 28, 2010
- Tata Motors unveils Safari variant, concept cars - Jan 05, 2012
- India to gain from boom in electric vehicles - Oct 07, 2011
- Excise, customs duties on large, foreign-made vehicles hiked - Mar 16, 2012
- Chinese automaker to develop electric car with US partner - Apr 26, 2012
- Excise, customs duties on large, foreign-made vehicles hiked (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Kinetic Engineering to launch two new gearboxes - Jan 17, 2012
- Mahindra launches hydrogen-powered three-wheeler - Jan 09, 2012
- Coca-Cola eyes Olympic market in Russia - Sep 26, 2011
- Maruti to focus on diesel cars (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Working model of hydrogen-run lorry demonstrated - Nov 10, 2011
- IITan trio streamline transportation business - Mar 29, 2012
Tags: american auto, asian market, auto makers, commercial vehicles, conventional diesel, diesel engine, downslide, eaton corp, eaton corporation, government subsidy, hybrid systems, hybrid technology, hybrid vehicle, hybrid vehicles, state governments, tata motors, transmission lines, transport operator, truck technology, truck transmissions