East Coast Railway to run 24 summer special trainsMarch 3rd, 2011 - 1:00 am ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, March 2 (IANS) The East Coast Railway Wednesday said it will run 12 pairs of weekly special trains till July to cater to the summer rush.
At least 1.9 lakh additional berths would be created with the running of these special trains, a senior official of the Bhubaneswar-headquartered East Coast Railway told IANS.
The special trains will run between Bhubaneswar and Shirdi in Maharashtra, Bhubaneswar and Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh, Puri and Bangalore, Puri and Howrah in West Bengal, Sambalpur and Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, he said.
Similarly special trains will also run between Visakhapatnam and Shirdi, Visakhapatnam and Nizamabad in Andhra Pradesh, Visakhapatnam and Hyderabad, Shalimar and Visakhapatnam, Howrah and Mysore and Howrah and Chennai, he said.
- East Coast Railway to run two weekly special trains - Aug 02, 2011
- Truck falls over train, 13 trains cancelled - May 16, 2011
- Cyclone Laila hits train services in coastal Andhra - May 20, 2010
- 62 special trains for Puri Rath Yatra - Jun 20, 2012
- Sea of pilgrims at Puri for annual chariot festival - Jul 03, 2011
- No night trains in Maoist-affected areas till Aug 11 - Aug 06, 2010
- No night movement of trains in Maoist-hit areas till Friday - Aug 03, 2010
- Iron-ore laden coaches derail in Chhattisgarh - May 21, 2012
- Seven trains cancelled in Jharkhand, Bhubaneswar following Maoist shutdown - Jul 07, 2010
- 26 hurt in Orissa train collision, a few trains cancelled (Lead) - May 04, 2011
- NALCO marks 501st alumina shipment from Vizag port - Oct 28, 2010
- Complete shutdown observed in Odisha (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Special trains for Rath Yatra in Orissa - Jul 10, 2010
- Andhra chief minister welcomes rail budget - Feb 25, 2011
- Maoist shutdown evokes partial response in parts of Andhra - Jul 07, 2010
Tags: andhra pradesh, bangalore, berths, chennai, east coast railway, howrah, hyderabad, mysore, nizamabad, pairs, puri, sambalpur, shalimar, shirdi, summer rush, tirupati, trains, visakhapatnam, west bengal