E&Y; to open third facility in KeralaApril 21st, 2012 - 4:59 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, April 21 (IANS) Ernst & Young (E&Y;) Global Shared Services (GSS) plans to expand its facilities at the state-owned KINFRA Film and Video Park near here. The firm has been allocated 60,000 square feet of built-up area.
Opening a third facility for GSS Kerala is important to Ernst & Young’s strategy, said Tim Eddy, global vice chair of E&Y; Global Services, after the firm signed a memoram of understanding with Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation here Saturday.
“We already have highly-skilled professionals in our Kerala Center, providing key services to the organisation. This new facility will serve our growth needs well, enabling us to expand to meet the increasing demand for our services,” said Eddy.
GSS Kerala is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ernst & Young, a global professional services firm. With a headcount of 1,254, the centre already has facilities at Technopark here and Infopark in Kochi.
“Kerala is the only state which offers single-window clearance to industries, which makes it an ideal ground for companies such as E&Y; to quickly start up their activities in the SEZ (special economic zone),” said P.K. Kunhalikutty, Kerala’s industries minister.
- Cognizant, Ernst & Young to set up Kerala units - May 07, 2011
- Cognizant expands its Kochi operations - Feb 07, 2012
- Ernst & Young to expand Kerala operations - Jan 11, 2011
- CVC bans Corporation Bank from awarding tenders - Jul 02, 2011
- CVC to act on Corporation Bank probe report - Jun 30, 2011
- Kerala IT floats global RFPs to build Kochi Infopark-II - Apr 30, 2010
- US Consul General McIntyre visits Kerala Infopark - Jun 14, 2012
- Kerala mulling cutting operating costs of IT firms - Jan 19, 2012
- India important investment destination, but challenges remain: Ernst-Young - Jul 11, 2011
- Global IT firm unveils facility in Kochi - Feb 28, 2011
- Kochi Infopark readies for second phase - Oct 12, 2011
- IT, BPO complex project in Kerala's Infopark kicks off - Feb 20, 2011
- GTECH to tap Scandinavian markets - Aug 13, 2010
- Kerala's Infopark at Kochi to provide 50,000 jobs - Nov 29, 2009
- Countries may go slow on tax incentives for culture: E&Y; - Nov 17, 2011
Tags: amp, global professional services, global services, global shared services, gss, headcount, industrial infrastructure, industries minister, infrastructure development, kerala, key services, kunhalikutty, professional services firm, skilled professionals, special economic zone, square feet, technopark, thiruvananthapuram, vice chair, video park