Dunlop to withdraw lay-off notice at Bengal plantApril 5th, 2011 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 5 (IANS) The lay-off notice issued by tyre-maker Dunlop India at its Sahaganj plant in West Bengal’s Hooghly district will be withdrawn immediately, Ruia Group chairman Pawan K. Ruia said Tuesday.
A company release here said a meeting was convened by the chairman Tuesday morning to evaluate the situation arising out of the lay-off notice at the Ruia Group company.
After the meeting, Ruia said: “The lay-off notice issued by Dunlop India Ltd will be withdrawn immediately. The company has been advised to immediately issue a new notice to that effect.”
“Dunlop India Ltd has also been directed to prepare the details of the revised business plan and implement it in the course of next four months. The quantum of the fund required and the revised product mix will be known as soon as the plans are crystallised and it will be communicated accordingly.”
The Sahagunj plant was facing a turmoil after the management put up the lay-off notice at the factory gate Sunday.
All trade unions, including those affiliated to the Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU), Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC) and Indian National Trinamool Trade Union Congress (INTTUC), held rallies in front of the factory Monday.
“Meanwhile, Dunlop’s application for setting up a 50 MW thermal power plant is awaiting mandatory approvals. We will start implementation of the power project as soon as we receive the approvals. Once power generation starts at Sahaganj, I am sure the plant will have undeviating viability,” Ruia said.
It was decided that a revised business plan with fresh infusion of funds would be prepared for the Sahaganj unit, the release said.
- Dunlop drops lay-off notice, asks workers to join duty - Apr 06, 2011
- Work suspended at Dunlop factory in Bengal - Apr 04, 2011
- Dunlop suspends work at Bengal tyre factory - Oct 08, 2011
- Conditional offer to open Sahagunj unit in phases - Oct 21, 2011
- Relief undertaking to Dunlop only after it reopens: Minister - Oct 20, 2011
- Dunlop board to discuss shut Bengal factory Oct 21 - Oct 13, 2011
- Will try to get Sahagunj reopened, Bengal assures Dunlop workers - Oct 17, 2011
- Dunlop shutdown continues as talks fail - Oct 10, 2011
- Ensure law and order for Dunlop plant to function: Ruia - Sep 10, 2011
- Dunlop board allots shares to convert loan into equity - Apr 29, 2012
- Ruia asked to submit Dunlop revival plan - Aug 01, 2011
- 'Clarify timeframe on worker deployment at Sahaganj' - Apr 10, 2012
- Dunlop has no immediate plan to reopen Bengal plant - Jul 18, 2012
- Dunlop India expects Rs.550 crore turnover - Jun 16, 2010
- Dunlop to start production from Sahaganj unit Dec 2 - Nov 24, 2009
Tags: business plan, dunlop india, four months, group chairman, group company, hooghly district, india ltd, indian trade unions, intuc, national trade union congress, pawan, power generation, rallies, ruia group, thermal power plant, trade union congress, tuesday morning, tyre, viability, west bengal