Dubai to host trade fairDecember 10th, 2010 - 12:04 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, Dec 9 (IANS/WAM) Dubai will host the 25th edition of the International Autumn Trade Fair (IATF) Dec 13-15 in which eight countries, including 40 exhibitors from India, will participate, it was announced Thursday.
The announcement was made by the Istanbul Chamber of Commerce (ICOC), one of the world’s largest chambers of commerce with more than 300,000 active members and organisers of the event.
The UAE’s imports from Turkey, mainly of jewellery, petroleum products and iron and steel, reached $2.89 billion in 2009, while exports to that country like gold, unprocessed aluminum, jewellery and petroleum touched $291 million, the ICOC said.
Twenty exhibitors from the Turkish private sector will take part in the event at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre. Forty exhibitors from India will participate.
The ICOC hosts over 70 foreign trade delegations annually, and organises about 20 trade fairs and exhibitions. It aims to help increase the volume of Turkey’s exports, while boosting trade relations between Turkey and the UAE.
The three-day fair is a leading regional buyer-seller meeting ground for the consumer goods segment.
Satish Khanna, general manager of the Al Fajer Information and Services, said: “This year, the fair will host the official pavilions of eight countries.”
The pavilions include 225 exhibitors from China, 35 from Hong Kong, 10 from Singapore, 45 from Korea, 15 from Iran, 20 from Turkey, 40 from India and 15 from Malaysia.
- Spanish PM visits UAE food exhibition - Mar 02, 2011
- Dubai Chamber seeks to boost trade ties with Gujarat - May 27, 2011
- Dubai Chamber of Commerce hosts Indian president - Nov 26, 2010
- Workshop on maritime law held in Dubai - Jun 27, 2012
- Arabic calligraphy expo opens in Dubai - Feb 18, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host third Indo-Arab meet - May 15, 2012
- Indian doctors attend ayurvedic fest in Sharjah - Apr 28, 2011
- Dubai to host six international expos in January - Jan 08, 2011
- UAE companies happy with 19th IETF held in India - Feb 12, 2011
- UAE minister admires Indian economy's strength - Jun 10, 2010
- UAE hosts international boat show - Mar 01, 2011
- UAE promises 'a very special EXPO 2020' in Dubai - Jun 16, 2012
- Dubai to host paper exhibition in September - Jul 05, 2010
- US-UAE trade reaches record high of $18 bn - Feb 11, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host earth summit - Dec 08, 2011
Tags: al fajer, buyer seller, chamber of commerce, chambers of commerce, consumer goods, convention and exhibition centre, dubai international convention and exhibition centre, exhibitors, iatf, icoc, iron and steel, organisers, pavilions, petroleum products, private sector, snb, trade delegations, trade fairs, uae, unprocessed