Dubai firm, Infosys to set up development centre in ChennaiNovember 13th, 2008 - 9:16 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Nov 13 (IANS) The United Arab Emirates (UAE)-based business technology provider Mercator has entered into a three-year partnership with Indian IT major Infosys to set up an offshore development centre in Chennai.The engagement will allow Mercator’s parent company Emirates to enhance its IT environment in order to accommodate increasing demand, according to a Mercator statement issued here.
It added that Infosys was selected “for its custom application development expertise and its ability to deliver a quality service on time”.
“Mercator and the Emirates Group are expanding rapidly, placing increasing demand on the technology applications and infrastructure driving business processes,” Mercator president Patrick Naef said in the statement.
“There was a clear mandate to change the IT operating model to support rapid growth,” he stated, adding that Infosys’ track record of delivering quality, combined with their intellectual property and global delivery model “made them a preferred technology partner”.
The new centre will be located at the Infosys campus in Chennai, and will develop and maintain systems to support business-critical functions for Mercator’s customers worldwide.
According to Dheeshjith V.G., head of new markets and services at Infosys, the company’s foreign clients have been benefiting from the its global delivery model.
“We also believe that this new opportunity from Emirates will help Infosys increase its presence in the Middle East significantly,” he said.
- Microsoft opens global delivery centre in Bangalore - Dec 08, 2011
- Infosys opens development centre in Brazil - Dec 15, 2009
- IT product firm Ittiam posts $20 million revenue - Mar 21, 2012
- Infosys to hire 2,000 people in US by end 2012 - Jul 24, 2012
- Infosys to start new campus in Shanghai - May 21, 2011
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- IBM to manage Bharti Airtel's IT operations in Africa - Sep 17, 2010
- Infosys to train British youth in software skills - May 09, 2012
- SAP to develop enterprise software in Hindi - Apr 14, 2011
- Buoyant Indian IT industry rebounds but remains cautious (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 30, 2010
- Schengen visa processor VFS expands operations - Apr 18, 2012
- VFS to provide Thai visa services in Bangalore - Apr 20, 2012
- Infosys among top service providers in China - Jul 13, 2012
- Indian IT firm Ramco enters Bangladesh market - Dec 13, 2010
- Education provider raises $7.5 million venture fund - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: application development expertise, critical functions, custom application development, delivery model, emirates group, global delivery, offshore development centre, patrick naef, preferred technology, united arab emirates