Dubai fast food chain comes to DelhiJanuary 31st, 2012 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 31, (IANS) After establishing themselves in southern India, Dubai-based halal fast food chain ChicKing has opened its first outlet here in north India, promising unique and lip-smacking dishes to Delhi residents.
“We have planned 100 outlets in India by 2015. Currently we have 25 outlets in south India and this is the first outlet in the north,” A.K. Mansoor, CEO of the brand owner, Al Bayan group told reporters here.
“With the latest outlet opening up in west Delhi’s Rajouri Garden, the group is aiming to open up more than 300 outlets by 2015, out of which one-third would be in India,” he added.
Claiming that the unique recipes and products by ChicKing will easily create a strong brand loyalty, Mansoor is hoping that the success in south India will be repeated in the north as well.
Asked about ChicKing’s name and colour-scheme, which is quite similar to fast food giant Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), Mansoor said that his chain was in competition with no one.
“Our restaurants serve unique products and fish and other seafood will be added soon, we are in competition with no-one. The public will taste our food and decide which is better,” he told IANS.
ChicKing has a global presence of 85 outlets in 11 countries and intends to start 50 outlets in the national capital region.
- KFC eyes 500 restaurants in India by 2015 - Dec 18, 2011
- KFC, Pizza Hut come to Nepal - Nov 22, 2009
- Burger King introduces bacon sundae in the US - Jun 13, 2012
- Mamata to turn Digha sea resort into Goa - Jan 13, 2012
- PETA activists want KFC boycotted - Jun 04, 2009
- Five Guys Burger Voted As The Best Fast Food Burger In US - Aug 18, 2010
- Nepal to get a taste of Indian chef Sanjeev Kapoor - Dec 29, 2010
- Kashmiris exploring vegetarian options! - Oct 02, 2011
- Food, handicrafts galore at trade fair - Nov 12, 2011
- French burger chain fuels bitter debate by banning pig products - Sep 02, 2010
- KFC now serves cockroaches, mice and flies! - Apr 09, 2010
- Global yogurt chain to foray into India - Aug 21, 2011
- KFC scraps controversial halal only menu after mass Brit boycott - Jun 26, 2010
- Niche international food brands ready to enter Indian market - Dec 03, 2011
- Prawn on toast, cheese burgers light up iftar in Pakistan - Aug 05, 2012
Tags: al bayan, brand loyalty, chicking, colour scheme, delhi residents, dishes, fast food, food chain, food giant, giant kentucky, global presence, kentucky fried chicken, kentucky fried chicken kfc, mansoor, New Delhi, north india, south india, southern india, unique products, west delhi