Dubai Chamber seeks to boost trade ties with GujaratMay 27th, 2011 - 1:02 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, May 26 (IANS/WAM) A business delegation from the Indian state of Gujarat was in Dubai to explore opportunities to boost trade and investments in the UAE.
The Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry Wednesday hosted the delegation from the Surat-based Southern Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SGCCI).
Welcoming the delegation headed by SGCCI president Ajoy Bhattacharya, director general of Dubai Chamber Hamad Buamim said the focus of the meeting is to boost trade ties.
The Dubai Chamber also organised a special tour to the Dubai Multi-Commodities Centre for the visitors to familiarise them with investment opportunities available in the areas of textiles, food processing, precious stones, among others.
Buamim highlighted the importance of Dubai as a major re-export hub offering access to over two billion consumers in the region as well as easy access to Africa and Europe.
The director general of the Dubai Chamber stressed that India is the number one trading partner of Dubai, pointing that the number of Indian companies registered with the chamber reached 20,400.
- Workshop on maritime law held in Dubai - Jun 27, 2012
- Dubai Chamber of Commerce hosts Indian president - Nov 26, 2010
- UAE, Australia discuss trade relations - Oct 23, 2011
- UAE, Albania to enhance economic cooperation - Jan 22, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host third Indo-Arab meet - May 15, 2012
- Dubai to host trade fair - Dec 10, 2010
- Dubai, Indonesia to boost trade ties - Jun 13, 2012
- UAE, Algeria discuss trade - May 26, 2011
- UAE, China seek to boost trade ties - May 25, 2012
- Abu Dhabi seeks economic ties with Bangladesh, Portugal - Jan 23, 2011
- UAE trade minister meets Arab business delegation - Jan 21, 2012
- Myanmar, Singapore eye trade ties - Jun 09, 2012
- UAE, Pakistan seek closer trade ties - Mar 24, 2012
- UAE, Lebanon seek to boost trade ties - Apr 05, 2012
- Arab-India trade meet begins Tuesday - May 22, 2012
Tags: bhattacharya, business delegation, chamber of commerce, chamber of commerce and industry, commodities, director general, dubai chamber of commerce, dubai chamber of commerce and industry, easy access, hamad, hub, investment opportunities, investments, precious stones, snb, southern gujarat chamber, state of gujarat, textiles, trade ties, uae