DTC to buy 1,000 semi-low floor busesJune 1st, 2009 - 8:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 1 (IANS) The government Monday gave the go ahead to Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) to purchase 1,000 semi-low floor buses.
“The cabinet has given its nod for purchase of 1,000 semi-low floor buses to DTC to enable it to strengthen its city fleet. This is in addition to the earlier permission granted for purchase of 2,500 low-floor air-conditioned and non air-conditioned buses,” Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit told reporters after the cabinet meeting.
“Low-floor and semi-low floor buses have same features except floor height from the ground,” she said.
Dikshit said semi-low floor buses would cater to the needs of increasing number of passengers and provide relief to them.
“The DTC has been asked to expedite purchase of these buses,” said an official statement.
- Women to get free bus rides on Rakhi day - Aug 01, 2012
- 15 new bus depots in Delhi before 2010 Commonwealth Games - Jul 16, 2009
- Delhi gets CNG-electric hybrid buses - Sep 18, 2010
- Work on Delhi Metro third phase to commence soon - May 08, 2011
- Bus fare hiked in capital, Delhiites upset (Second Lead) - Oct 26, 2009
- DTC to roll out over 1,000 buses Monday - Oct 17, 2010
- CWG makeover? DTC back to plying old buses (Year after CWG) - Oct 01, 2011
- Zipping through flyovers, Metro: Delhi reaps CWG legacy (Year after CWG) - Sep 30, 2011
- Blueline buses not to return to Delhi roads - Oct 25, 2010
- Cluster bus service launched in Delhi - May 05, 2011
- Communication programme for DTC drivers for Commonwealth Games - Sep 09, 2009
- World class transport facilities in Delhi for Games - Jul 19, 2010
- 200 low floor DTC buses launched - May 02, 2010
- 107 low floor buses flagged off in Delhi - Oct 04, 2009
- Delhi Government to phase out Blueline buses from July - Jun 03, 2009