DSK launches new Hyosung superbike (With image)June 13th, 2012 - 10:39 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 13 (IANS) DSK Motowheels Wednesday announced the launch of a 250 cc superbike, the ‘Big Boy’ Hyosung GT250R, in India at a price Rs.2,75,000.
“It gives us immense pleasure to launch this first product under the strategic alliance between DSK and Hyosung. We are confident that the GT250R will set a benchmark in the 250cc segment by taking super biking industry to the next level,” said Shirish Kulkarni, director, DSK Motowheels.
The bike has a 17-litre fuel tank and twin disc brakes and will be sold through the 18 company dealerships.
Powered by a V twin-cylinder, oil-cooled four-stroke engine, GT250R produces 27.6 bhp of maximum power at 10,000 rpm. The bike has a top speed of 140 kmph.
DSK Motowheels is a part of the DSK Group, a diversified business conglomerate with turnover of Rs 4,000 crore.
The company took over the Hyosung Superbiking business from Garware Motors and acquired the Hyosung brand assembly facility at Wai, around 100 km from Pune.
Hyosung belonged to Korean business group S&T; Motors.
DSK also plans to set up a manufacturing facility to reduce prices of the superbikes and expanding dealerships.
- Hyosung superbikes launched in India - Apr 20, 2011
- Garware Motors hopes to sell 2,000 super bikes - Feb 08, 2011
- Royal Enfield launches two leisure bikes - Sep 29, 2011
- Buddh Circuit to host Superbike World Championship in 2013 - Jun 09, 2012
- Bhopal's superbike craze in top gear (Feature) - Sep 21, 2011
- Double for Sarath Kumar - Sep 09, 2012
- Big grids likely for National Motorcycle Championship - May 29, 2012
- HMSI launches its second 110 cc bike for mass market - May 15, 2012
- Honda launches new super-bike VFR1200F - Jul 30, 2010
- Rookie motorbike rider Ramesh bags a double - Jun 03, 2012
- Rajini dominates superbikes class - Aug 12, 2012
- Suzuki launches 805cc cruiser bike - Nov 28, 2011
- Mahindra Racing join hands with Swiss firm - Aug 24, 2012
- National Motorcycle Racing: Double for Rajini, Deepak - Aug 14, 2011
- Top honours for Rajini in National Motorcycle Championship - Oct 02, 2011
Tags: assembly facility, bhp, business conglomerate, business group, disc brakes, diversified business, immense pleasure, korean business, launch, litre fuel tank, maximum power, motowheels, price rs, strategic alliance, stroke engine, superbike, superbikes, twin cylinder, twin disc, v twin