Dr.Oetker targets 165 crore sale by 2015September 21st, 2011 - 10:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 21 (IANS) German-based FMCG firm Dr.Oetker’s Indian arm targets a sale of Rs.165 crore by 2015 as it launches new products in the country and gears up its expansion plans.
“We are expecting sales to touch almost 80-85 crore by the end of this year followed by additions of Rs.20 crore year on year. By 2015 we target to have a sale of almost Rs.160-165 crore,” Oliver Mirza, managing director, Dr. Oetker India and Fun Foods Pvt Ltd, told IANS.
The company Wednesday launched a new product, muesli, in the 500 crore Indian breakfast cereal market. It also sells other products such as mayo sauce, spreads, salad dressings, peanut butter, barbecue sauces and mustards in India.
Mirza said of the total sales, Vitalis muesli would contribute to almost Rs.40 crore by 2015.
In the international market the firm also sells frozen foods including frozen pizza.
Speaking on the possibility of bringing this to India, Mirza said that frozen food was at a very nascent stage in India but was fast catching up. Vegetables made up the bulk of the frozen food sale.
However, there were obstacles.
“The prizes of pizzas offered by food outlets here are very low as compared to foreign countries like China. So there is no point launching a frozen pizza for higher prize value. The customers would not have any cost advantage,” he said.
The company has also bought a 14 acre land in Rajasthan where it is setting up another manufacturing unit. Dr.Oetker India has three manufacturing units: two in Uttarakhand and one in Rajasthan.
Talking about acquisition plans, Mirza said, “We are willing to buy but only if it fits into our portfolio.”
The company acquired Delhi based Fun Foods in 2008 for Rs.110 crore and sells its products under the brand name of Dr.Oetker Funfoods.
- Vadilal's ready-to-eat snacks in markets soon - Sep 26, 2011
- From a Punjab kitchen, these sweets, snacks have travelled far - Jan 28, 2011
- Sahara enters FMCG retail biz on I-day - Aug 13, 2012
- Jubilant FoodWorks Q3 net profit rises 55.47 percent - Feb 08, 2012
- Rajasthan bans fast foods in college canteens - Feb 24, 2012
- Karnataka firm to earn Rs.35 crore selling India's costliest soap - Feb 27, 2012
- LG Electronics to double Indian sales by 2015 - Aug 19, 2011
- Himalya International plant starts production - Apr 26, 2012
- Tihar business grows and grows! - Jan 31, 2012
- Jubilant FoodWorks quarterly net profit rises 52 percent - May 10, 2012
- Fake sauce factory busted in Maharashtra - Nov 18, 2011
- DS Group acquires dairy plant in Rajasthan - May 02, 2012
- Italy lays out pasta, cheese for Delhi homes - Nov 10, 2010
- Fortified wheat flour for Jaipur open market - Jun 26, 2012
- British families buying more frozen food to save - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: acquisition plans, acre land, barbecue sauces, breakfast cereal, cereal market, cost advantage, crore, dr oetker, food outlets, food sale, frozen pizza, fun foods, indian arm, indian breakfast, muesli, mustards, nascent stage, rs 40, salad dressings, uttarakhand