‘Double-Dip’ recession 2011February 11th, 2011 - 7:59 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, Feb 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The world was hoping that the recession that did hit the world almost three years ago was slowly getting to an end.
While the 2011 predictions were fairly good, some analysts are beginning to reread the signs again. Fears are mounting that the global economy may suffer a double-dip recession this year.
Gloomy financial indicators have got many of the economic experts to question whether the recent global recession was properly handled by world leaders. Some argue that the root cause of the financial crisis has been left standing and that is what will come back in 2011 to haunt the world.
Despite all the promises, world leaders have failed to get the jobs back into their countries and with consumer spending still down, many believe that the trillions that were thrown into the world economy only served as cosmetic dressing. Several trillions of dollars have been used as recovery funds to stabilize most of the countries.
The economic crisis shook the very foundation of the world’s economy. Several economies were left perilously close to bankruptcy when some critical institutions failed. Other countries however like China and India positioned themselves and gained from the crisis.
- Brazil to be world's sixth largest economy in 2011 - Oct 31, 2011
- IMF to lower global economic forecast - Dec 02, 2011
- India, Brazil, South Africa seek way out of economic crisis - Oct 18, 2011
- World Bank, UN forecast sluggish recovery in 2010 - Jan 21, 2010
- Double-dip recession a possible risk: IMF chief - Dec 02, 2010
- Governments need to regain citizens' trust: OECD chief - May 22, 2012
- Emerging economies leading global recovery: IMF - Apr 11, 2011
- US official warns against perils of 'financial crisis amnesia' - Mar 03, 2012
- Pakistan won't be immune to global downturn: Daily - Aug 07, 2011
- IMF calls for action to handle global crisis - Sep 25, 2011
- China contributing more to world economic growth: Hu - Nov 04, 2011
- BRICS Summit - Facts at a glance - Mar 28, 2012
- BRICS summit to focus on fixing global recession: India - Jan 31, 2012
- Africa emerging as a continent of opportunity - Dec 28, 2011
- With Europe in crisis, Spain looks at India - Mar 21, 2012
Tags: bankruptcy, china, consumer spending, critical institutions, double dip recession, economic crisis, economic experts, fears, financial crisis, financial indicators, global economy, global recession, India, promises, root cause, signs, trillions, washington dc, world economy, world leaders