Domestic air passenger numbers drop 11.08 percent in Q2October 19th, 2010 - 5:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 19 (IANS) The total number of passengers carried by Indian domestic airlines for the quarter ended September was 119.83 lakh — down 11.08 percent from the quarter ending June, the civil aviation ministry said Monday.
“The total domestic passengers carried by the scheduled airlines in the third quarter of calendar year 2010 - July to September 2010 - was 119.83 lakh. The total domestic passengers carried by the scheduled airlines in the second quarter of 2010 - April to June 2010 - was 134.77 lakh,” an official statement said.
According to the ministry, Kingfisher airlines flew 23.85 lakh passengers, Jet Airways carried 23.22 lakh, followed by state-run Air India with 21.69 lakh passengers.
“The percentage share of the carriers in the third quarter of 2010 was Air India (Domestic) 18.1 percent, Jet Airways - 19.4 percent, Jet Lite - 7.5 percent, Kingfisher - 19.9 percent, Spice Jet - 12.8 percent, Paramount - 0.1 percent, Go Air - 5.7 percent and IndiGo - 16.5 percent,” the statement said.
The statement also said that the domestic scheduled carriers flew 39.10 lakh passengers in the month of September.
“Total domestic passengers carried by the scheduled airlines of India in the month of September 2010 were 39.10 lakh,” the statement further said.
According to it, Kingfisher airlines flew 7.73 lakh passengers followed by Jet Airways - 7.61 lakh passengers and Air India (Domestic) at 7.31 lakh passengers.
The passenger share in the month of September was Air India (Domestic) - 18.7 percent, Jet Airways - 19.5 percent, Jet Lite - 7.4 percent, Kingfisher - 19.8 percent, Spice Jet - 12.6 percent, Go Air - 5.8 percent and IndiGo - 16.2 percent.
- IndiGo becomes third largest domestic airline - Jan 18, 2011
- Kingfisher's market share falls to fifth place in November - Dec 22, 2011
- Air passenger traffic falls for second straight month - Jul 18, 2012
- November's domestic flyers numbers rise - Dec 20, 2010
- Air India recorded highest number of cancellations in May - Jun 18, 2012
- Air India recorded highest number of cancellations in April - May 17, 2012
- India's air traffic up 18.3 percent till October - Nov 22, 2010
- Air passenger traffic falls for fourth straight month - Sep 18, 2012
- Air passenger traffic falls for third straight month - Aug 17, 2012
- Domestic January-March air growth at 6.55 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Passenger traffic up 19.3 percent from January to August - Sep 16, 2010
- Flight cancellations affected over 5,000 passengers in August - Sep 16, 2010
- Jet Airways No.1 domestic airline in February - Mar 15, 2010
- Jet Airways' market share 26.1 percent in February - Mar 23, 2011
- Jet Airways No.1 domestic airline for sixth straight month - Apr 15, 2010
Tags: air india, calendar year, civil aviation ministry, indian domestic airlines, indigo, jet airways, kingfisher, kingfisher airlines, lakh, New Delhi, paramount, passenger numbers, percentage share, q2, quarter ended september, second quarter, spice jet