DMRC signs MoU with Haryana for Badarpur-Faridabad linkMarch 26th, 2012 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 26 (IANS) Faridabad, Delhi’s satellite town in southern Haryana, will be on the Delhi Metro network soon, as a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed Monday between the Haryana government and the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) for the construction of a 14-km stretch.
The Metro line 6 (Violet Line), which currently runs from Central Secretariat to Badarpur, will connect to Faridabad, an industrial and residential town in Haryana, 280 km from state capital Chandigarh.
The MoU was signed by S.S. Dhillon, Financial Commissioner and Principal Secretary, (town and country planning department) Haryana government and Kumar Keshav, Director (project and planning), DMRC.
The agreement was signed in the presence of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and Delhi Metro chief Mangu Singh.
“The fully elevated corridor will be completed by 2014 and it will have nine Metro stations, connecting Badarpur and YMCA Chowk in Faridabad,” a statement from DMRC said.
It will have nine stations - Sarai Khwaja, NHPC Chowk, Mewla Maharajpur, Sector 27-A, Badhkhal Modh, Old Faridabad, Ajraunda, Faridabad New Town and YMCA Chowk.
“The project would cost Rs.2,494 crore and the route will be an extension of the presently operational Line 6 of the Delhi Metro Central Secretariat-to-Badarpur corridor,” the DMRC official said.
According to the Detailed Project Report (DPR), the daily ridership of the Metro corridor is expected to be 2.14 lakh, after commissioning of the corridor for the public.
The civil contract for the construction of this corridor has been awarded in February 2012, and the corridor will be commissioned by the end of 2014.
- Construction work on Badarpur-Faridabad Metro link begins - Mar 28, 2012
- Faridabad to come on Delhi Metro line - Mar 25, 2012
- Sreedharan inspects proposed Faridabad Metro corridor - Apr 29, 2011
- Secretariat-Kashmere Gate Metro line expected by 2015 - May 25, 2012
- Haryana approves Rs 15.88 bn metro link to Faridabad - Aug 09, 2010
- Budget 2012-13: Delhi Metro gets over Rs.2,200 crore - Mar 16, 2012
- Delhi Metro chief inspects ongoing work - Feb 10, 2012
- Delhi Metro kickstarts efforts to decongest Rajiv Chowk - Jan 31, 2012
- Delhi Metro's Sarita Vihar-Badarpur line opens - Jan 14, 2011
- Over 15,000 footfalls on Sarita Vihar-Badarpur section - Jan 14, 2011
- Woman gives birth to girl on Metro train (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Delhi Metro's Sarita Vihar-Badarpur line opens Friday - Jan 14, 2011
- Metro services to be curtailed on R-Day - Jan 23, 2012
- 25 trains to ply on Metro's Central Secretariat-Badarpur route - May 27, 2010
- Delhi Metro starts trial runs on Lajpat Nagar section - Jul 23, 2010
Tags: central secretariat, civil contract, country planning department, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, director project, haryana government, hooda, mangu, memorandum of understanding, metro central, metro chief, metro line, metro network, metro stations, nhpc, principal secretary, residential town, satellite town, sector 27