DMRC engineers other Metro projectsDecember 3rd, 2010 - 5:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 3 (IANS) The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) engineers have been guiding and helping other states in planning and executing their Metro projects, an official said Friday.
The Delhi Metro engineers have been involved in projects in Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Ahemdabad, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Pune, Hyderabad, Kochi and Jaipur.
They have been a catalyst for Metro expansion in India, DMRC spokesperson Anuj Dayal said.
According to DMRC, the Kerala government approached it recently to start preliminary and preparatory work for the proposed Kochi Metro Project and sanctioned Rs.159 crore to the DMRC for this purpose.
“DMRC will execute these preliminary activities, which include widening of approaches to roads and building of approaches of road over bridges on deposit terms on similar lines as the work being executed by DMRC for Jaipur Metro,” Dayal said.
In Jaipur, the DMRC has been asked to build the first line of 9.25 km, comprising nine stations. The DMRC engineers have commenced work on this, he said.
- Metro construction picks up; traffic snarls expected - Apr 21, 2012
- Girl commits suicide at Delhi metro station - Mar 25, 2012
- Metro Man rides into sunset, to pass baton to Mangu Singh (With Image) - Dec 30, 2011
- Sreedharan inspects proposed Faridabad Metro corridor - Apr 29, 2011
- Metro worker killed in accident - Nov 18, 2011
- DMRC to construct Jaipur Metro - Aug 05, 2010
- Delhi Metro bags national award in non-film category - Mar 07, 2012
- Budget 2012-13: Delhi Metro gets over Rs.2,200 crore - Mar 16, 2012
- Punjab government approves Ludhiana metro project - Jun 22, 2011
- Work on Delhi Metro third phase to commence soon - May 08, 2011
- We will miss Sreedharan's services: Dikshit - Dec 28, 2011
- Delhi Metro impresses Punjab chief minister - Feb 13, 2012
- Book on Delhi Metro's success story - May 16, 2012
- Why no green signal to Kochi Metro, asks minister - Dec 23, 2010
- Sreedharan inspects metro extension to Ghaziabad - Jun 16, 2011