DLF asks government to denotify four SEZsApril 17th, 2009 - 4:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 17 (IANS) Hit by severe cash crunch, realty major DLF has requested the central government to denotify four special economic zone (SEZ) projects that were allotted to it.
These four SEZs are IT and IT enabled Services (ITeS) projects, the company said in a statement Friday.
Currently, DLF has been allotted nine IT/ITeS SEZ projects in different parts of the country.
Earlier, there were reports that the company, unable to raise funds to develop the projects, had asked the government to denotify five projects.
The company initially rejected the reports, but the clarification came Friday after the National Stock Exchange sought information regarding this to safeguard the interests of investors.
“DLF has clarified to the BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) that the company has requested the ministry of commerce and industry for de-notification of four IT/ITES SEZs,” the statement said.
However, the company has not clarified which SEZs it sought to denotify.
The DLF officials could not be reached for comments.
Earlier, Parsvnath had put on hold 12 IT/ITeS SEZ projects because of the financial crisis.
- DLF asks government to denotify four SEZs (Lead) - Apr 17, 2009
- We can't change our anti-SEZ stand: Mamata - Apr 27, 2012
- Kozhikode Cyberpark gets Special Economic Zone tag - Jun 24, 2011
- Rosaiah exempted from personal appearance in Hyderabad court - Jun 29, 2012
- Want Infosys in Bengal, but won't bend rules: Mamata - Mar 12, 2012
- Bengal against SEZs, minister tells Infosys - Feb 20, 2012
- Hyderabad court summons Tamil Nadu governor in land case - Jun 18, 2012
- 'Smaller SEZs could have worked for Goa' - Dec 18, 2010
- Master plan of Kerala Technocity ready - Aug 17, 2012
- All help for facility but no SEZ, Bengal tells Infosys - Feb 25, 2012
- DLF sells Pune SEZ - Dec 28, 2011
- Mamata rules out SEZ for Infosys - Feb 27, 2012
- Achuthanandan to lay foundation stone of Kannur Cyberpark - Jan 13, 2011
- Karnataka CM Yeddyurappa defends himself on land scam issue - Nov 18, 2010
- Congress chief ministers part of Goa land scam: Parrikar - Dec 01, 2010