Disney to distribute Anil Ambani-DreamWorks moviesFebruary 11th, 2009 - 7:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 11 (IANS) Walt Disney Studios will distribute movies that the Steven Spielberg-promoted DreamWorks Studios produces in partnership with Reliance Big Entertainment, part of the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group.
Under the terms of a long-term arrangement, Disney will handle distribution and marketing of approximately six DreamWorks films each year.
The first DreamWorks motion picture to be released under the Touchstone Pictures banner is scheduled to hit theatres in 2010.
DreamWorks’s founders Spielberg and Stacey Snider partnered with Reliance Big Entertainment last fall to form a new motion picture company. In addition to being a partner in DreamWorks, Reliance will also distribute the new company’s projects in India.
“Steven has made some of the biggest and most loved films of all-time, and continues to be one of the great icons of our industry. Stacey has an impeccable reputation and a phenomenal track record for making a wide variety of quality films. Their motion pictures will be the perfect complement to the already robust slate of Disney,” said Walt Disney Studios chairman Dick Cook in a press statement.
Added Spielberg said: “Disney is the birthplace of imagination and has always been as close to the worldwide audience as any company ever has. This is a major step forward for us and Reliance.”
- Reliance-DreamWorks films to be distributed by Walt Disney (Lead) - Feb 11, 2009
- Walt Disney to distribute DreamWorks-Reliance films - Feb 11, 2009
- Anil Ambani walks Oscar red carpet, his 'The Help' gets statuette (With Images) - Feb 27, 2012
- Anil Ambani Group in new venture for acclaimed global scriptwriters - Dec 14, 2010
- Steven Spielberg 'confirms new studio' - Aug 19, 2009
- Walt Disney, Dream Works strike Bollywood deal - Feb 11, 2009
- Reliance DreamWorks films get 11 Oscar nominations - Jan 25, 2012
- Bollywood shining with a little help from Hollywood - Aug 18, 2009
- Historic Bollywood-Hollywood pact signals India's emergence in world cinema - Aug 18, 2009
- BBC, Reliance Big in movie co-production deal - Nov 02, 2010
- Reliance Big in venture for acclaimed global scriptwriters (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Reliance BIG Entertainment, Brad Pitt acquire 'The Imperfectionists' (Lead) - Jun 17, 2010
- Disney and Spielberg's Dreamworks sign deal - Feb 10, 2009
- Anil Ambani, Spielberg secure $825 mn for DreamWorks - Aug 18, 2009
- Reliance Big, Tom Hanks in new entertainment venture - Oct 01, 2010
Tags: anil dhirubhai ambani group, complement, dick cook, disney studios, dreamworks, dreamworks movies, founders, impeccable reputation, motion picture, motion pictures, new motion, quality films, reliance, slate, steven spielberg, term arrangement, touchstone pictures, walt disney, walt disney studios, worldwide audience